Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-05-2013, 08:33 AM   #136
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3
@dider
How about a link to one of those books?
Kai771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #137
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
FWIW. Just to point out that in Unicode, Wałęsa is written Wa\u0142\u0119sa (no diacritical mark used).
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #138
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
sounds like the font (whatever it is) doesn't have full unicode support then
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #139
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

@dider & @sk8terek

I don't have access to my Kindle now, but you can try this:

While in File Chooser, press Menu/Change Font.../[cfont] for filemanager: menu contents, and change it from DroidSansFallback to DroidSans.

Regards,
Kai

P.S. I'd still like a link to some test document.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #140
dider
dider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timedider possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: kindle4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai771 View Post
@dider & @sk8terek

I don't have access to my Kindle now, but you can try this:

While in File Chooser, press Menu/Change Font.../[cfont] for filemanager: menu contents, and change it from DroidSansFallback to DroidSans.

Regards,
Kai
I have already edited my earlier post and indeed after switching font to Helvetica or DriodSans the fonts in list display properly.

[link removed]

Last edited by twobob; 04-05-2013 at 10:25 AM.
dider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #141
Kai771
Just a Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dider View Post
I have already edited my earlier post and indeed after switching font to Helvetica or DriodSans the fonts display properly.
Thanks again for reporting back and for the link.

Regards,
Kai
Old 04-11-2013, 07:49 AM   #142
sk8terek
sk8terek began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
As I have just noticed, Librerator makes font bold or italic using its own algorithm. It there any possibility to make it use *.ttf bold and italic fonts instead?
sk8terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:02 AM   #143
Kai771
Just a Noob

@sk8terek

I don't know much about fonts and font rendering. Sorry, I can't help you.

Regards,
Kai
Old 04-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #144
crannachan
crannachan has learned how to read e-bookscrannachan has learned how to read e-bookscrannachan has learned how to read e-bookscrannachan has learned how to read e-bookscrannachan has learned how to read e-bookscrannachan has learned how to read e-bookscrannachan has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Kindle 4 Touch
Thanks for liberator! All I need from my K4NT is to support djvu files, it was waiting for the kindlepdfviewer K4NT supported release for like a year as in K4NT Duokan djvu support was removed. I feel the liberator is the closest to open a .djvu file on my device at last, though it shows always the same error after "Complete action using" in both Reader or Reflow options - "Cannot open Djvu file <mnt/us" . Tried re-installing liberator, used with Kite or Kual, tested on dozen .djvu / .djv files, renamed them - the error persists. Have anybody succeeded opening it? Hope it's not my local problem with my device and just a little bug that will be fixed easily.
crannachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:10 AM   #145
Kai771
Just a Noob

@crannachan

I don't have K4NT, but djvu files work on my K3 (the few that I tried). Can you provide a link to one of the files that don't work for you so I can try it out?

@twobob
Can you please try if any djvu file works on your K4NT?
Old 04-13-2013, 04:25 AM   #146
dimasic
Enthusiast
dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 4NT
A have K4NT, and it's all OK with all djvu files I have opened with Librerator.

P.S. Thank you for your good work! )
dimasic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:03 AM   #147
crannachan
crannachan has learned how to read e-bookscrannachan has learned how to read e-bookscrannachan has learned how to read e-bookscrannachan has learned how to read e-bookscrannachan has learned how to read e-bookscrannachan has learned how to read e-bookscrannachan has learned how to read e-books

I've done it! there is some diverse pattern for the djvu filenames than with pdf - only Roman alphabet (mine were generally Cyrillic or had at least some Cyrillic symbols in it, that's why failed), the folders names in "documents" should be Roman too. But renaming the books to be read on the kindle will be my pleasure =) Thanks guys!

Last edited by crannachan; 04-13-2013 at 05:07 AM.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:24 AM   #148
dimasic
Enthusiast
dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Hmmm. But I have read books with cyrillic symbols both in filenames and folder names. It's all OK. I can make photos if you don't believe me.

BTW, is it possible to make screenshots in Librerator? I can't find the way to do it.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #149
crannachan

do you mean djvu files? pdf etc. are fine with CYR in filenames, but anyway - even if it's smth wrong with my kindle it can read djvu files, and I'm happy about it =)
Old 04-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #150
dimasic
Enthusiast

Yes, I have mean djvu files. Definitely.

Tags
application, epub, fb2, pdf, reader