Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-15-2011, 10:34 AM   #1
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Cover design

Since this particular forum covers the business as well as the art and craft of self-publishing, I think this is the best place to put this one.

I may have some self-publishing projects coming up in the future which would require covers. I've designed my own, and did a decent enough job of it - I thought - but there are still people out there an awful lot better at it than I am (I came across posts by a MR user called MoeJoe, who appears to be very talented at such designs, but he seems to have been banned for some reason or another).

Is there anyone else here who, like MoeJoe, can produce solid, consistent and professional-looking cover designs for fiction ebooks...and if you charge, how much?
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:43 AM   #2
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Since there haven't been any suggestions yet, I'm going to throw the net a little wider. Does anyone know of any artists who can design ebook covers or places where I can find such?

I've browsed Mobileread and googled a bit, but haven't yet tracked down any localised resources for people wanting to either design ebook covers or get someone to design them for them (ignoring all those endless websites offering covers for marketing books).
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2011, 11:01 AM   #3
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Deviantart would be a good place to start looking, you might need to sign up before you can contact any of them. Or if you see someone else's cover that you like you could ask the writer who did it for them (if they don't state it anywhere in the sample). Or if you have an arts college nearby they always welcome live briefs for students.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote