Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-29-2007, 12:40 AM   #1
LaughingVulcan
Technophile
LaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-650 Sony, Nook Simpletouch, more legacy gear than I can remember
An unintentional funny from Connect

So I called up the Connect website on Firefox, just to browse around a bit before bed. And on first load I got the following screen (red circle is mine, what I thought the part was...)

As soon as I mouse-overed one of the tabs it went away, but I just thought it was too interesting not to share.

So what would your footer text be?

"We never thought the NIV Bible would rocket to the top bestseller so quick! Or that same other 9 titles would hang around for weeks!"
LaughingVulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:47 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
My footer text would be: "For community support and a lot of fun, visit <link>MobileRead</link>"
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2007, 02:59 PM   #3
jckatz
Connoisseur
jckatz doesn't litterjckatz doesn't litterjckatz doesn't litter

Device: SONY PSR-500
My footer text would read:

At Sony we spend billions to develop the best hardware solutions and destroy then with proprietary software that no one likes. Thank you for putting up with Sony*™ Connects.
jckatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 08:17 PM   #4
jckatz
Connoisseur
jckatz doesn't litterjckatz doesn't litterjckatz doesn't litter

Device: SONY PSR-500
Sony has come a long way.

Now that Nook is here and Kindle 2 is popular and every Tom Richard and Harry are putting out eINK readers, with limited quality (FoxIt). I have to say, I am still happy with my Sony Reader from Aug 2007.

I might change my mind when Nook 2.0 comes out
jckatz is offline   Reply With Quote