Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 02-26-2016, 02:35 AM   #1
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
View whole library via OPDS?

Is this possible (whole library is 3000+)? I'm using the address:

http://10.0.0.36:8080/browse/category/allbooks (on a mac) but the most I seem to be able to view is 100 (using the mobile address).

I feel that I'm missing something obvious...

thanks!
skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:29 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm not sure what you are asking. That URL will show you 25 books at a time from the complete list of books. Keep clicking the Next link to see more books.

As for OPDS the OPDS feeds also contain all books, with next and previous links. Whether you actually see them or not, depends on what software you are using to interpret the OPDS feeds.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 09:05 PM   #3
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for that Kovid. I was trying to view all 3000 at one time (no paging through).

I'll keep researching.

Thanks again.
Old 02-27-2016, 10:23 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There's no way to do that. Since the number of books is unbounded, making a view that tries to render all books is just asking for trouble.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 01:37 AM   #5
skb
Evangelist

Okay, thanks, Kovid. I don't want any trouble!

thanks again.
Old 07-19-2016, 02:05 AM   #6
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by skb View Post
Is this possible (whole library is 3000+)? I'm using the address:

http://10.0.0.36:8080/browse/category/allbooks (on a mac) but the most I seem to be able to view is 100 (using the mobile address).

I feel that I'm missing something obvious...

thanks!
You may set "Max. OPDS items per query" in Preferences to a number that is big enough in your case for all your books. It works for me when I use MapleRead as my iOS reader app. For more details, see their FAQ "How to import all books from Calibre in one shot?" I think the instruction there is applicable to all compliant OPDS clients, iOS or Android. (My Calibre server, like yours, runs on Mac too. But I don't think this method is Mac specific.)
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 12:49 AM   #7
skb
Evangelist

Thanks cedhax - I've been using MapleRead on my ipad (nice).

I'll give this a whirl!