Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-15-2015, 07:38 PM   #1
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Rename 'showlog' to 'showmylog'

From Disable Big Brother thread: All these loggings will drain battery and it's just better to shut it down.

In fact, I go 1 step beyond... having the script showlog might be useful... (for those who don't know: run ./showlog in shell and see interesting outputs it gives you). I'd like to rename it to showmylog to retain its functionality, without 3rd party (or well in this case 1st or 2nd party) using it.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 03:55 PM   #2
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, to mumble jumble all by myself here, I changed it and so far, no explosions... so I guess no major stuff depend on showlog other than sniffers! ?
Advert
Old 08-19-2015, 04:02 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
I am no stranger to single party threads.
Not to worry, somebody reads this stuff, even if they aren't a member who can comment.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:32 PM   #4
thatworkshop
hub

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I am no stranger to single party threads.
Not to worry, somebody reads this stuff, even if they aren't a member who can comment.

I don't know what you think, but man, it was way more fun 2 years back... till Lab126 started to shut the party down by obfuscating this and that!
Old 08-19-2015, 08:39 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
The world really needs a good software jail break.

And I know that some people are still beating their heads on that wall because it is there, just for the technical challenge, not because they expect to find lab126 has made a mistake.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2015, 07:10 PM   #6
thatworkshop
hub

Ok. It's official now. I highly recommend everyone to rename showlog to something else. I remember in the past I used Big Brother Disable or something like that on my Kindle Touch and it bricked my sweet Katie and several other people's. By renaming this, Amazon won't be sneaking.

At least on older devices, there are no dependencies on it, so it won't brick anything.