Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-21-2020, 11:23 PM   #1
Chemy112
Chemy112 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire 10
Having trouble setting up Calibre with Kindle Fire

Hello community, I'm trying to get all of my library in one place. Right now, everything is saved in my Kindle Fire 10. I'm trying to get everything moved to the Amazon cloud so I can connect Calibre to it but if I use Amazon drive or ES Explorer, it doesn't pick up a lot of my books, mostly the ones I've purchased from Amazon. I can read them in the Kindle app but can't upload them. I've even gone to Amazon and had all of my purchased books delivered to my Kindle to see if that worked but they still don't show and I can't find where they're stored on my Kindle. All of my books from other sources I can see fine.

Also, when I try to connect Calibre to Amazon cloud, I get an error "unable to communicate with cloud provider". I've also tried to connect to "library on device", it allows me to choose paths to my books folder but when I get to the books folder, it does nothing. The only options I have are cancel or up\back.

I have a feeling it's user error and I'm just not doing this right. All I want is all of my books on a cloud so I can organize them and fix titles, authors etc and read them in any of my devices. Thanks in advance for any tips you can give me.
Chemy112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 11:59 PM   #2
Capricorn
Belgian Pommes Frites
Capricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enoughCapricorn will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD
Please do not put your library in the cloud.
Calibre expects it to be locally on your computer. In the cloud you may get lots of problems. There are tons of posts on this subject that explain this far better than I can. Please search the forum.
Or use Calibre server.
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2020, 02:02 AM   #3
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
neither calibre nor calibre companion ( which is what I think you are talking about) work with amazon cloud. cc stopped working with A cloud log ago, see CC forum.
using Amazon cloud is a bad idea generally because A cannot be trusted to keep it running - they keep changing the rules of what is allowed and how to access it. You'd be better off with dropbox

you will not be able to find how/where amazon stores new purchased books on a fire tablet - they are there but very well hidden and broken into bits so you cannot copy them.

PS there is no such thing as Kindle Fire 10, get your names right, else you just confuse people. the fire tablet is called Fire HD 10. tablets stopped being called Kindles circa 2013!

Last edited by stumped; 02-22-2020 at 02:06 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 09:31 AM   #4
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
I think your best bet is to get a copy of KindleforPC (version 1.17 or earlier, google it and you should be able to find working download links) and then download all your books to your computer using that. Then import all of those books to Calibre, then you'll be set. I hope.
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote