Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-20-2016, 04:43 PM   #16
Luzbela
Luzbela began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzbela View Post
I tried to re-do everything from scratch and now the jailbreak fix fails to update the pw3, then reboots back and is not jailbroken.

Upgrade error:007 and tells me to contact Amazon device support
I got the 5.8.2 OTA upgrade automatically and it fixed the error but now I will have to downgrade again and restart the downgrade-jailbreak-Kaul process from scratch. I probably won't be able to do that until tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help. I'll keep you posted.
Luzbela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 04:43 PM   #17
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quit starting over.
Make sure you are registered. Reinstall the hotfix and reboot.
Once you are registered, DO NOT TOUCH DE REGISTER OR FACTORY RESTORE.

Then install any hacks you want.

You keep erasing everything.

Or just reset and realize the jailbreak does not work for you.

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 08-20-2016 at 04:52 PM.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 04:45 PM   #18
Luzbela
Luzbela began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
I tried to re-do everything from scratch and now the jailbreak fix fails to update the pw3, then reboots back and is not jailbroken.

Upgrade error:007 and tells me to contact Amazon device support
I got the 5.8.2 OTA upgrade automatically and it fixed the error but now I will have to downgrade again and restart the downgrade-jailbreak-Kaul process from scratch.

I probably won't be able to do that until tomorrow. I sure have learned a lot in the past day

Luzbela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 04:53 PM   #19
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I got the 5.8.2 OTA upgrade automatically and it fixed the error but now I will have to downgrade again and restart the downgrade-jailbreak-Kaul process from scratch.

I probably won't be able to do that until tomorrow. I sure have learned a lot in the past day

No the jailbreak kept. You just need to reinstall the hotfix.
Old 08-20-2016, 04:54 PM   #20
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Where exactly did you get the directions.
READ STEP 8.

Tags
kual, kual-kdk-2.0.azw2, launcher, pw3