Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 02:24 PM   #46
VentureForth
Enthusiast
VentureForth doesn't litterVentureForth doesn't litter

Device: Augen's The Book
clayw1pi,

I'm intrigued as I have not dealt with sending a unit back to them. There were actually two updates (with filenames on rapidshare that don't resemble each other): one dated 7/21 and one dated 7/22. Unfortunately, the 7/22 updated didn't seem to do anything different than the 7/21 update. My dad tried to update his unit the other day, but since his machine is based on a Japanese version of Windows, it wouldn't work. He then tried to do it on his US-based PC and it was too late. Thought it was bricked, but it's not. Still works, but stuck on the May 30th update without being able to be upgraded. SO, he will likely be sending it to Hollywood. Please let me know how this works for you!
VentureForth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:17 AM   #47
RadioMan52
RadioMan52 began at the beginning.

Device: The Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by VentureForth View Post
clayw1pi,

I'm intrigued as I have not dealt with sending a unit back to them. There were actually two updates (with filenames on rapidshare that don't resemble each other): one dated 7/21 and one dated 7/22. Unfortunately, the 7/22 updated didn't seem to do anything different than the 7/21 update. My dad tried to update his unit the other day, but since his machine is based on a Japanese version of Windows, it wouldn't work. He then tried to do it on his US-based PC and it was too late. Thought it was bricked, but it's not. Still works, but stuck on the May 30th update without being able to be upgraded. SO, he will likely be sending it to Hollywood. Please let me know how this works for you!
Venture,
What are the rapidshare site url's, is it the one that was posted? what is the the url ?
It looks like the FATE of "The Book" is hanging on the August 30th FIX,
No fix down the tube and I am sure K-Mart and Sears have long Memories...
RadioMan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:45 PM   #48
clayw1pi
Enthusiast
clayw1pi is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle For PC
I've Come Full Circle With "TheBook"

As many of you have read over the past several weeks, I have had my challenges with TB. I've updated TB with 2 firmware updates, the last causing the landscape view to be upside down. After many emails to Augen they finally sent me an RMA number to return the unit for repair. Last Friday I was notified by Geneva at Augen Returns that my unit was repaired and sent back to me. I received the unit yesterday, Aug. 30, 2010. When I turned the unit on it failed to power up. Although this struck me as odd, I plugged the unit into the AC charger and it came up normally. I powered off and let the unit charge for 3 hours before turning it on again. It seemed normal and indicated 3/4 charge. This morning when I turned the unit on again it was DEAD. I more closely examined the unit and noticing EXTREME wear on the "Next Page" button, I am convinced that this was not the unit I sent them but was a different unit altogether. Visibly upset, I contacted Customer Service and advised them that I was extremely disappointed and angry. I spoke with Mark who was very polite and tried to get Geneva from Returns on the phone but she was unavailable. They are supposed to get back with me. Unfortunately I'm having nothing to do with Augen anymore and have returned the unit to Kmart for a full refund. Let the buyer BEWARE!
clayw1pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:09 PM   #49
Billsey
Billsey began at the beginning.

Device: Augen The Book
Well, if it weren't for the fact that I haven't sent mine back, I'd say you must have gotten mine in return. The 'Next Page/Vol -' button has it's lettering almost worn completely off. I'm guessing I'll have completely black keys in another couple of years. :-)
Billsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:13 PM   #50
gintzj
Connoisseur
gintzj began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Wifi model
sorry about all the trouble you have had. Mine came from Heartland with the 7/22
in there already I am very happy with my unit except the clock does not kep time and I do not know how to get a wma file from the library

I am happy with it.

I am learning more from each of you each day.

Thank you

Jim
gintzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:15 AM   #51
VentureForth
Enthusiast

Jim - your 7/22 version... Does it rotate the wrong way? I have the 7/22 upgrade and it doesn't on mine.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:54 PM   #52
gintzj
Connoisseur
gintzj began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Wifi model
Venture I have the Heartland 7/22 I have not preformed any updates

except for the clock and some minor I do not know how.

It is a good ereader.

Thank you

Keep smiling

Jim
gintzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:31 PM   #53
hasfrochbuster
hasfrochbuster began at the beginning.

Device: psp - iphone - Augen The Book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioMan52 View Post
Venture,
What are the rapidshare site url's, is it the one that was posted? what is the the url ?
It looks like the FATE of "The Book" is hanging on the August 30th FIX,
No fix down the tube and I am sure K-Mart and Sears have long Memories...
I could'n find the fix-update-patch from august 30th. Any ideas where I can find it? or isn't available yet.
hasfrochbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:48 PM   #54
VentureForth
Enthusiast

I haven't heard the 8/30 fix being released, either. The URL posted earlier here is the 7/21 update. I have the 7/22 update at home, but it didn't seem to change anything. I don't have that URL handy off hand.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:37 PM   #55
RadioMan52
RadioMan52 began at the beginning.

Device: The Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by VentureForth View Post
I haven't heard the 8/30 fix being released, either. The URL posted earlier here is the 7/21 update. I have the 7/22 update at home, but it didn't seem to change anything. I don't have that URL handy off hand.
They put it out on 8/26 NOTHING NEW just a Fix for the page reverse issue.
Regards.
RadioMan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:17 PM   #56
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Hi all,

the latest update is not on the downloads page of the Augen website, but a lowly link at the bottom of the Updates page:

http://www.augenus.com/indexhome.html/Updates.html

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:21 PM   #57
Highroller
Zealot
Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Jetbook Lite, Slick Er-701
Well I went though 2 of these. The first the page advance button got mushy and then literally pushed into the unit. I returned to Kmart for a refund. Later got another and after a month or a month and 1/2 the lcd died. Reset did nothing so I returned it for a refund also.

The unit showed great promise but augen never fixed any of the software bugs and its just doesn't seem durable at all. I mean the page advance button HAS to be durable.

I am back to using my ebookwise. Yes its old and clunky and the biggest memory expansion chip made for it is only 128megs but it just WORKS. Have had it for YEARS. They were made to last.
Highroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #58
CarrieMarie
CarrieMarie began at the beginning.

Device: Augen 'The Book'
Im very confused as to how this whole book works. I was able to get music and pictures but nothin else seems to be working for me. I have wifi but its not showing on TB... nor is the browser loading.. help?!?
CarrieMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:56 AM   #59
brennivin
brennivin began at the beginning.

Device: Augen - The Book, Coby Kyros MID7015
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMarie View Post
Im very confused as to how this whole book works. I was able to get music and pictures but nothin else seems to be working for me. I have wifi but its not showing on TB... nor is the browser loading.. help?!?
With the exception of the wi-fi/browser issue, I could potentially help with the other stuff. But I need more info. What are you doing that's not giving you expected results? Are you dealing with pre-installed books? Uploading your own? Using internal memory? Using an SD card? Doing straight file transfer via USB? Using Calibre?
brennivin is offline   Reply With Quote