Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 02-26-2020, 11:47 AM   #1
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Outlines warning in Editor

For the last year or so, I've been running all books through the Edit Book function, ensuring all found issues are resolved. With recent updates to the Edit Book function, I get a lot of these warnings:

"Outlines should only be modified using: focus"

My CSS skills are basic at best. Is it safe to delete tags such as "outline: 0"?
Doing so resolves the warnings, but I don't want to cause other issues. Googling the subject hasn't helped me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	outline.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	177368  
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 12:18 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
My CSS skills are basic at best. Is it safe to delete tags such as "outline: 0"?
Doing so resolves the warnings, but I don't want to cause other issues. Googling the subject hasn't helped me.
I've been deleting CSS "outline: 0" for years. I haven't noticed a downside yet.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 01:14 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The first thing to do is to remove all unused CSS. The option is in the Tools menu. Once done, then check for errors as any CSS that has errors might be removed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 09:06 AM   #4
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The first thing to do is to remove all unused CSS. The option is in the Tools menu. Once done, then check for errors as any CSS that has errors might be removed.
Thanks. I often do that. However that doesn't remove the outlines issue in question.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:07 AM   #5
VelvetElvis
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I've been deleting CSS "outline: 0" for years. I haven't noticed a downside yet.
Thanks. I only noticed these since the more rigorous CSS testing was introduced. I will feel better deleting them now. :-)