Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-01-2009, 02:13 PM   #16
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Everyone can breath easier now.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:19 AM   #17
Slow_hand
Groupie
Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
This reminds me of the ADAM fiasco for those old enough to remember Coleco's personal computer.
Slow_hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2009, 07:32 AM   #18
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Well in a separate thread they claim the B&N stores will have demo units on Monday 12/7/09 so it's certainly possible....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:25 PM   #19
Mac Jones
Connoisseur
Mac Jones began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I just called them (my order didn't show on the web page) and they said the original orders slated for the 7th are still showing that as the ship date.

We shall see

Last edited by Mac Jones; 12-05-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Mac Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:34 PM   #20
Mac Jones
Connoisseur

deleted

Last edited by Mac Jones; 12-05-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Advert
Old 12-05-2009, 04:59 PM   #21
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Jones View Post
I just called them (my order didn't show on the web page) and they said the original orders slated for the 7th are still showing that as the ship date.

We shall see
I checked my order on their web page and it is still scheduled to ship on the 7th. I have not heard anything else, so we will see on Monday.

I was expecting a delay since the first ship date was delayed, but maybe that is not the case...
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:09 PM   #22
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I just received notification that my nook (original ship date 11/7) will go out this week and I will have it no later than 11/16.

So it seems there is about 7 - 10 day delay rolling on here.

Not too bad..
Old 12-07-2009, 08:12 PM   #23
Nitrousoxide
Enthusiast
Nitrousoxide began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
I just received notification that my nook (original ship date 11/7) will go out this week and I will have it no later than 11/16.

Not too bad..
Seems like a max of a 4 day delay in shipping for your batch. Much better than 7 day delay for the first batch.
Nitrousoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:35 PM   #24
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
Mine's on the way...overnight, will be here Tuesday.

...and most likely on eBay shortly thereafter! (I'm happy w/my K2).
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:38 PM   #25
Mac Jones
Connoisseur

I also just recieved this notice from B&N

They say this week, bump the ship method. promised by the 16th

I like these notices: "Here comes your Nook!"

Yes here it comes from China to our warehouse.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:38 PM   #26
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:

Not too bad..
And if the reviews posted here today are any indication, after you get your Nook, you'll STILL be waiting!

Aw, what the crap, I'm in the same boat. Just checked the website; mine is still scheduled to ship this Friday.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:47 PM   #27
Musicman
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
And if the reviews posted here today are any indication, after you get your Nook, you'll STILL be waiting!
I played with on at B&N today for about 10 minutes, and I disagree with those reviews that say it is slow. I had no problems reading Dan Browns Lost Symbol on it. Page turns were quick - I found the LCD touch screen needs some getting use to.

I liked what I saw so far..
Old 12-07-2009, 08:57 PM   #28
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
I played with on at B&N today for about 10 minutes, and I disagree with those reviews that say it is slow. I had no problems reading Dan Browns Lost Symbol on it. Page turns were quick - I found the LCD touch screen needs some getting use to.

I liked what I saw so far..
We shall see. You, sooner than I. At least you got some hands-on!
Let's hope you're right.

The Bloomberg BusinessWeek review said it takes "Amazon's current-model Kindle 2 takes about three seconds from the moment you release the power button until you can start reading. On the Nook, it takes a minute and 50 seconds." I hope it recovers from sheep mode quicker than that!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:27 PM   #29
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
No indication on mine yet. The listed shipping date is still 11/30 and on 11/30, I got an email saying that I should receive it on 12/9 (i.e. Wednesday). I pre-ordered on 10/24. I would guess that they will ship it tomorrow if it's next day shipping.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:40 PM   #30
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Those who got shipping confirmation from B&N also ordered the cover on the same order? Is there any delay on the cover?

I hope B&N do not ship Nook and cover on separate shipment; otherwise my shipping cost from US to Thailand will be higher (I pay Vpost service for the extra shipping charge from US address to my home in Thailand).

Last edited by bthoven; 12-07-2009 at 09:43 PM.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote