Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-13-2017, 10:15 AM   #1
Diana22
Diana22 began at the beginning.

Device: none
epub problem in publishing

The e-pub validator returns with this error which I don't know what it means or where to find the error and how to go about correcting it. Can anybody help me. It is most frustrating. I would be so grateful for any help.

File: OPS/section-0058.xhtml

Line: 10

Position : 13

Message: Error while parsing file 'element "a" not allowed here; expected element "address", "blockquote", "del", "div", "dl", "h1", "h2", "h3", "h4", "h5", "h6", "hr", "ins", "noscript", "ns:svg", "ol", "p", "pre", "script", "table" or "ul" (with xmlns:ns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg")'.
Diana22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 10:58 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana22 View Post
The e-pub validator returns with this error which I don't know what it means or where to find the error and how to go about correcting it. Can anybody help me. It is most frustrating. I would be so grateful for any help.
  1. Unpack the epub.
  2. Open section-0058.xhtml in a text editor.
  3. Copy and paste the contents of line #10.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2017, 12:28 PM   #3
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana22 View Post
Message: Error while parsing file 'element "a" not allowed here; expected element "address", "blockquote", "del", "div", ...
It's expecting a block level element (a paragraph, heading, div or similar) and it seems you have an <a> at body level, outside of any block-level element. Move it into a block, or wrap it in <div>...</div>.
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem epub, problem publishing