Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-31-2017, 12:01 PM   #1
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
Holocaust books with focus on disability

I know this is a difficult subject but I'm looking to read up a bit on the Holocaust, but I want to find out more about what happened to disabled people during the Holocaust. This can be folded into the larger narrative about the wider context but I was wondering whether anyone had any recommendation along this line?
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 01:16 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you are in the UK, you can get Hitler's Forgotten Victims: The Holocaust and the Disabled by Suzanne E. Evans.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hitlers-For...d+the+Disabled
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2017, 01:31 PM   #3
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Death and Deliverance: 'Euthanasia' in Germany, C.1900 to 1945
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:53 AM   #4
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Although not specifically about your topic, this is an important book for understanding the Nazi justification and its role model: Hitler's American Model: The United States and the Making of Nazi Race Law by James Q. Whitman. In the same vein, Three Generations, No Imbeciles: Eugenics, the Supreme Court, and Buck v. Bell by Paul A. Lombardo. Again, this is American focused but the decision provided a much desired rationale for what ultimately became the Nazi holocaust.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:47 AM   #5
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Although, not totally about that, you might try 'The Rise and Fall of The Third Reich'. I bought it from Amazon as a 2.99 ebook. I'm sure the holocaust is addressed in there.

On the fictional front, you might read Leon Uris 'Mila 18'. It's about life in a Polish Jewish ghetto during WWII.

Last edited by drofgnal; 06-02-2017 at 05:42 AM.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2017, 11:02 PM   #6
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I can't recall which but there is at least one movie (I think history based) where Nazi Dr's gas a number of handicapped people and then a letter is sent to the family of one young girl about how she refused to eat, etc. and died in spite of all they tried to do. I believe Oliver Wendell Holmes has also been cited. There was a family where the mother and grandmother were both weak of mind and he gave the order for the granddaughter to be sterilized because 'three generations of Imbeciles is enough.' Alas Hitler and his friends didn't create eugenics nor were they the last to hold such views.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 02:39 AM   #7
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
There was a family where the mother and grandmother were both weak of mind and he gave the order for the granddaughter to be sterilized because 'three generations of Imbeciles is enough.'
That's Three Generations, No Imbeciles: Eugenics, the Supreme Court, and Buck v. Bell by Paul A. Lombardo, which I cited above.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote