Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-11-2017, 06:26 PM   #271
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
It doesn't work, it's even worse lol.

I solved the problem of another book this morning by randomly changing the CSS, but I can't tell which line has solved the problem : it's definitely possible
It was a CSS of 2000 lines, I believe I removed all text-indent and margins then add paragraph break. But I did not manage to do it again

My kobo : Kobo Aura H2O
If you use Calibre or Sigil, you can remove all unused CSS classes and make the CSS much easier to edit.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 01:48 PM   #272
jiembe
Zealot
jiembe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo; Kobo Libra
Conversion order

Hi,

I import a mobi file into Calibre and converted it into an epub file. I edit that epub. But when I create the kepub file I get a conversion from the mobi file. I had to delete the mobi file to convert from the epub. What did I do wrong ?
jiembe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2017, 02:15 PM   #273
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
When you bring up the "convert" dialogue, change the "Input Format" (top left) from "Mobi" to "Epub"

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:01 AM   #274
giddie
giddie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
editing kepubs

I'm not sure what's possible through the Calibre plugin API, but I wonder if it's possible to add kepub to the list of formats that the eBook Editor accepts? It would be really helpful to be able to edit the kepub directly from Calibre *as* a kepub, without having to edit it as an epub and then rename it...

In particular because I'd quite like to maintain separate epub and kepub formats for different devices...
giddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 01:45 AM   #275
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
I'm (kinda) back. I've migrated to BitBucket, while I was doing that I did some cleanup and some minor bugfixes. Version 3.0.0 is posted now.

There's also some new translation strings, so anyone who speaks something other than English please go translate text into other languages.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2017, 08:32 AM   #276
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
I'm not back, but coming from installing the new version, and just would like to report that the issue that I have noticed in post #194 ff. now is off!
Still no idea what is has been, but I'm lucky to have it working properly by now. Thank you, Joel, great work!!
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:41 AM   #277
Thoris
Thoris began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Hi!

I would love te use this plug-in but I cannot. I read ebooks in French and there is a character named "espace fine" (small space?) That character is displayed by an unknown character like "?" or a square . I don't know if the unsecable space is correctly displayed.
Could it be possible to correct this display?*It would be very nice to read books with great display .

Thank you very much!
Thoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:12 AM   #278
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Upload both the source ePub and the converted KePub to https://www.dropbox.com/request/IbA73zsqFLdmWFYdyLtk and I'll take a look when I get a chance. It would help greatly if you have a sentence I can search for (exactly as it appears in the book) to find the problem faster.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:15 AM   #279
Thoris

I have just uploaded them. You will find "espaces fines" before those characters: ?, !, :, ;.
Several sentences in the book:
–*"Je peux avoir votre nom"
– "un franc-tireur à la renommée mondiale"

Unbreakable spaces can be found before "»" and after "«" for instance.

I really hope you will be able to add this feature!
Thank you for the help.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:58 AM   #280
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoris View Post
I have just uploaded them. You will find "espaces fines" before those characters: ?, !, :, ;.
Several sentences in the book:
–*"Je peux avoir votre nom"
– "un franc-tireur à la renommée mondiale"

Unbreakable spaces can be found before "»" and after "«" for instance.

I really hope you will be able to add this feature!
Thank you for the help.
What font are you using? From the previous post, it sounds like you are using a font that is missing that character. Or at least, that is the usual behaviour when the font in use is missing a character.

The "espaces fines" appears to be Unicode U+202F which is "NARROW NO-BREAK SPACE". This does work on my devices with any of the built-in fonts. I can't see the book you uploaded, but the attached sample book works correctly when sent using the extended driver, this plugin or as an epub. The book displays a lot of different characters to see if the font selected on the device supports them, plus a lot of other tests. I added all the different spaces I could quickly see at the end of the first chapter. None show as the invalid character for any of the fonts on my Kobo devices.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Font Tester V3 - epub - Ann Onymous.epub (1.49 MB, 274 views)
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:38 AM   #281
Thoris

I use Adobe Garamond Pro font. But it does the same with every font.
You can see the screen of kepub and ePub in different fonts in the attached files. As you can see, narrow no-break space works on ePub and does not work with kepub with the same fonts.

EDIT: I cannot upload files.

Last edited by Thoris; 11-14-2017 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Forgot attached files
Old 11-14-2017, 12:43 PM   #282
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

I'll take a look at the books you uploaded when I get a chance. Please understand this is something I'm doing in spare time, which two small children don't leave a lot of, so it probably won't be today but I will look at it.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:54 PM   #283
Thoris

Thank you!
Don’t worry I do not want you to hurry up for me, I really actually understand .
Old 11-19-2017, 02:39 PM   #284
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Whatever this is, it's not the plugin. I took the books you gave me, found the espace fine (Unicode 0x202F, "NARROW NO-BREAK SPACE"). It's correct in the converted KePub file. There's two possibilities I see: it's a font issue or it's the rendering engine (Kobo uses the Adobe RMSDK renderer for ePub files but the NetFront ACCESS embedded browser for KePub files).

I'm not sure exactly how likely either one is since it's working fine in another book. Maybe take the font sampler davidfor posted and see how that works for you. You can use this plugin or the KoboTouchExtended driver, it's the same code to convert the books.

Last edited by jgoguen; 11-19-2017 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-19-2017, 03:16 PM   #285
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Just to add a bit more info regarding "special spaces"and davidfor's font tester epub ...

I often use Adobe Garamond as a sideloaded font on my Kobos so I had a look inside the Regular ttf file. As far as I can tell this font does not actually contain the glyphs for any of these enSpace (u2002), emSpace (u2003), thinSpace (u2009), hairSpace (u200A) or narrowNBSP (u202F).

Kepub:
Seems to display characters enSpace and emSpace OK, but the other 3 display as a cross-in-a-box. I'm guessing the kepub reading app is finding the first 2 in one of the other (built-in???) fonts and falling back to them. (It's hard to be sure with spaces which have no distinguishing features ) The last 3 presumably don't occur in any of the fonts being used for fallback.

I had success displaying all 6 "special spaces" with fonts like Times New Roman, Charis SIL, Bookerly and Linux Libertine G. All of these contain all 6 glyphs without needing to fallback to some other device font.

Epub:
I only tested standard epub briefly but it did seem to correctly display all 6 spaces. Even with Adobe Garamond which doesn't actually contain 5 of the glyphs. I have no idea how the Adobe reading app is "finding", or maybe constructing, the missing glyphs.

Last edited by jackie_w; 11-19-2017 at 03:18 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote