Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-27-2009, 03:45 AM   #1
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Hi from Härnösand

Hi all I'm on the verge of buying a ebook reader and have been using this forum for it's valuble info so I thought it fair to register :-) I first started following the e-book scen in -98 when I wrote my (not so good) Masters paper on the usage of e-books in English litt. Then I lost interest but now I'm baaack..
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:11 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi owly and welcome baaack to MobileRead. Are eBook readers popular in Sweden?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2009, 01:03 PM   #3
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome Owly
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:06 AM   #4
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, owly!

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:11 AM   #5
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Hi owly and welcome baaack to MobileRead. Are eBook readers popular in Sweden?
@Owly: Hi and welcome fellow Swedish person

@cassidym: As for the popularity of e-readers in Sweden, it hasn't taken of really, I know there was one company at the recent bookfair in Gothenburg that was showing of a new e-reader down there. But I havent seen any response to how it went.

I know there is a growing interest, but since we don't really have any stores that display readers on sale were people can mess around with them, the general population here is blissfully unaware of the glory that is electronic books
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2009, 04:45 AM   #6
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
I found two online retailer for e-book readers to Sweden. Pixelar http://www.mye-reader.co.uk/ who's selling Hanlin's reader(I just ordered one, very reasonable price) and Pixmania.se http://www.pixmania.se/kringutrustni...0_0_00_sg.html

The largest distributor of e-books in Sweden is the company Elib http://www.elib.se/ though there are few other retailers as well. Elib is also a library service. There are also a few places you can get free e-books like the Swedish equivalent of Project Gutenberg called Project Runeberg http://runeberg.org/

Last edited by owly; 10-02-2009 at 04:50 AM.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:07 AM   #7
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
I found two online retailer for e-book readers to Sweden. Pixelar http://www.mye-reader.co.uk/ who's selling Hanlin's reader(I just ordered one, very reasonable price) and Pixmania.se http://www.pixmania.se/kringutrustni...0_0_00_sg.html

The largest distributor of e-books in Sweden is the company Elib http://www.elib.se/ though there are few other retailers as well. Elib is also a library service. There are also a few places you can get free e-books like the Swedish equivalent of Project Gutenberg called Project Runeberg http://runeberg.org/
And there is also the Nuut, which actually does have a Swedish distributor:

Royal Line
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:50 AM   #8
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
Welcome owly. I was a little surprised to see how many members we have from outside the USA. I really like reading my Kindle. So convenient. I like how it seems to disappear. Much less trouble to read than a paper book. No trying to hold it open upside down when you read in bed.

Here's a trick for you: If you get a book-type cover that opens from the side, you can fold it back, prop it open on its side with the cover, and lay on your side in bed reading it.
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote