Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-27-2020, 03:30 PM   #1
d351r3d
Enthusiast
d351r3d began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to Edit Chapters to Look Pretty in Epub Readers?

I want to keep my naming scheme because I have hundreds of chapters and the epub when I switch to a different chapter just gives the xhtml file name. Is there a way to make it not do that or show something that isn't 60-Revelations-04.xhtml because that doesn't look great. I can try messing with some index stuff bit idk.
d351r3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 04:41 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
In Sigil? Or in an e-reader?
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2020, 09:07 PM   #3
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
The <title> tag in the header of each html file can be used by devices/apps to display at the top of the page or something. They don't all use it. And some devices/apps can taylor what is displayed. I set the <title> to the title of the book rather than the title of the chapter.

You can use a regex to change that on all pages very easily.

search:
<title>\s*(.*?)\s*</title>

replace (select 'all HTML files' in Sigil):
<title>The Title of Your Book</title>
Turtle91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 01:35 AM   #4
d351r3d
Enthusiast
d351r3d began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
The <title> tag in the header of each html file can be used by devices/apps to display at the top of the page or something. They don't all use it. And some devices/apps can taylor what is displayed. I set the <title> to the title of the book rather than the title of the chapter.

You can use a regex to change that on all pages very easily.

search:
<title>\s*(.*?)\s*</title>

replace (select 'all HTML files' in Sigil):
<title>The Title of Your Book</title>
I'll definitely give that a shot. Thanks. I'll test it out and see how that works.
d351r3d is offline   Reply With Quote