Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-01-2020, 07:09 AM   #1
increase
Connoisseur
increase began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Sigil version: 0.9.7

I downloaded this Sigil version on 32 bit windows 10 is it compatible?
this is the error when I try to launch

Error info: /OEBPS/content.opf: The system cannot find the path specified.
Sigil version: 0.9.7
Runtime Qt: 5.6.1
Compiled Qt: 5.6.1
Platform: Windows SysInfo ID 192

Last edited by increase; 04-01-2020 at 07:15 AM. Reason: delete
increase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:14 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
It should be compatible. But if you have Windows 10, why would you choose 0.9.7? Sigil 0.9.10 is the last official release to supply a pre-built 32-bit Windows version. And there's even a 32-bit 0.9.13 Legacy version of Sigil in my repository that should work fine: https://github.com/dougmassay/legacy...es/tag/v0.9.13

I'll check to see why an older 32-bit version of Sigil might not work on Windows 10 (32- or 64-bit), because there's no reason I can think of that it shouldn't.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-01-2020 at 08:24 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2020, 08:25 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are you launching by double-click an epub, or by launching Sigil on its own? If the former, perhaps the epub is just bad.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:32 AM   #4
increase
Connoisseur

No I was launching Sigil icon to load the epub, but /v0.9.13 works fine as you suggested, thank you
Old 04-01-2020, 09:37 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

No problem. I know I keep promising to build a 32-bit version of a later version of Sigil at some point, but I'd like it to be a really stable, bug-free version before I do (not to mention that cross-compiling a customized, 32-bit version of Qt5/QtWebEngine is massively time-consuming!).
Advert
Old 04-01-2020, 09:40 AM   #6
increase
Connoisseur

Probably only worth while if there are some major features, I am happy with the current 32 bit version, it is a great package
Old 04-01-2020, 09:53 AM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by increase View Post
Probably only worth while if there are some major features, I am happy with the current 32 bit version, it is a great package
Oh there's some pretty major features missing from 0.9.13 compared to 1.2.0, but the Legacy version is a very solid version of Sigil. It may not have all the whistles and bells of the latest, but it performs very well--even on aging hardware and/or OSes.