Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-26-2020, 03:55 PM   #1
Siegfried
Siegfried began at the beginning.

Device: SumatraPDF
Sigil can't open my Epub file

Hello,

I just finished creating a Fixed Layout Epub in Adobe InDesign 2020. When reviewing it in SumatraPDF, there are a number of issues with it, so I thought I'd try to open it in Sigil and see if I can find out the problems through there.

The thing is, Sigil isn't able to open my file. I get the following message:

Quote:
Error info: Cannot load file D:/My_Documents/ComicScripts/1 - WotN Arrival/WotN1_Complete.epub: ..\..\..\main_code\src\Sigil\Misc\Utility.cpp(240) : Throw in function class QString __cdecl Utility::ReadUnicodeTextFile(const class QString &)
Dynamic exception type: class boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<struct CannotOpenFile>
std::exception::what: Unknown exception
[struct file_errorstring *] = The system cannot find the path specified.
[struct file_fullpath *] = C:/Users/SILVER~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Sigil/scratchpad/2aa2f5b3-cc87-4016-b2d4-e9c438eaf10d/OEBPS/

Sigil version: 0.4.0
Runtime Qt: 4.7.2
Compiled Qt: 4.7.2
Platform: Windows SysInfo ID 240
Is there any reason Sigil can't open this file? It has no problems opening the other Epubs I have. However, those older Epubs were converted using InDesign CS6, but you'd think the newer Indesign 2020 would have less problems.

Hope someone can help me figure this out; I have enough problems with this file without Sigil doing this.

Thanks in advance.
Siegfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:24 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Sigil version 0.4.0 is so very old (from 2011?). It is no longer supported. Current versions are at Sigil 1.2.0 or later. Please try again with a more recent version of Sigil (say >= Sigil 0.9.14).

Last edited by KevinH; 05-26-2020 at 04:35 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 06:36 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I saw "Boost" in the error message and my mind nearly exploded.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote