Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-10-2020, 11:28 AM   #1
sandia85
sandia85 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook
Question Changed fonts (size/layout) after switching on- Touch Lux 4

Hi,

I got a new Touch Lux 4. I uploaded two epub books and I am now facing the problem that the font size and the layout change automatically after switching on the device. Checking the font size, it keeps being the same (see attachment), sometimes they get bigger, sometimes smaller. In about 20% of the cases, they keep being the same. Any idea on how to solve this issue?

Cheers
Sandia
sandia85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 11:39 AM   #2
sandia85

Sorry, attaching files doesn't work somehow.
Old 04-11-2020, 03:32 AM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Not quite sure what you're saying. Do you mean that the same point size on one book displays at a smaller size font when compared to the other book? If that's the case, it's probably how the book was set up. You could probably change this in Calibre.

As for attaching files... I think you have to post some number of messages before they allow it. (Can't remember for sure.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 04:59 AM   #4
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandia85 View Post
Hi,
I uploaded two epub books...
"Uploaded" as in loaded to the device or as in uploaded to e.g. Dropbox and then synced with the device? Do you have wifi constantly on?

It may also depend on the book. I usually turn books' own fonts and styles off as far as possible in the reader app.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 06:58 AM   #5
sandia85

I mean e.g. I set the font size of my epub book on 11pt. I switch the device off. When I open it again it shows me the page where I stopped reading, but then the sand clock turns and when finished, the font size and sometimes layout change. Sometimes the fonts get bigger, other times smaller. When looking at the font size setting, it says still 11pt. This is really annoying.

"Uploaded" means mostly synced with Dropbox.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:17 AM   #6
sandia85

Forgot to say, yes, wifi is usually switched off and the epubs have DRM.

Last edited by sandia85; 04-11-2020 at 07:19 AM.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:55 AM   #7
sandia85

@mobama: Thanks for the hint with Dropbox! I deleted the books on the device and transferred the books via cable afterwards. Works fine now
Old 04-24-2020, 05:14 AM   #8
Peztis
Peztis began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T3, PocketBook Touch HD3 (PB632)
I had somewhat the same problem but for me it kept the size on the words in italic. I wrote to the company, made a lot of reinstalls, tried different formats and books, different ways of transfer the book to the reader. It was only epub that behaved this way when in default serif font.

So they made an update and changed the default to sans serif, problems solved, haha!

Two days later there was another update, back to the serif font but now it keeps the font size so they must have found the bug. (But they made another instead ...)
Peztis is offline   Reply With Quote