Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 05-05-2019, 03:55 PM   #1
Logoshb
Logoshb knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Logoshb knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Logoshb knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Logoshb knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Logoshb knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Logoshb knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Logoshb knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Logoshb knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Logoshb knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Logoshb knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Logoshb knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Wifi N647
Requests to enable Private Messages

Hello! I know there are some threads similar to this but I still can't get an explanation for this problem.

I'm very new at MR but I've already my account activated and I've done some posts. I'm really enjoying the place, but for some reason I'm not able to Private Message, I'm looking in my Edit Options to activate them but there's simple no option to do it.

Same thing for the signature, when I tried to edit it it just says that I don't have the privilege to do it.

Please does anybody know what could be happening?

I've attached some captures of what I see...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Signature.png
Views:	1884
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	171287   Click image for larger version

Name:	Private Messages.png
Views:	1680
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	171288  
Logoshb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 04:44 PM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I don't know the exact number of posts necessary for you to unlock these features, but most likely you haven't reached it yet. I know it's frustrating. A few more posts should do it.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 04:48 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Sometimes members are restricted because of spammers. Before this policy, spammers would join and spam via Private Messages which moderators don't see.

If you don't have PM access, and need PM access, just post a message at the end of this thread.

Last edited by pdurrant; 04-12-2023 at 02:32 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:33 PM   #4
Logoshb
Logoshb knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Logoshb knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Logoshb knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Logoshb knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Logoshb knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Logoshb knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Logoshb knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Logoshb knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Logoshb knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Logoshb knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Logoshb knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Thank you guys, I just sent an email to one of the admins and he was able to "unlock" the private messages for me.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:17 AM   #5
Logoshb

And by the way, if this happens to someone else, I just found the email address in the welcome email you receive when you sign up.

I was posting a lot and doing some interactions, but at the end that was the final solution.

So check you first ever MobileRead email.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:08 PM   #6
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2

Hey! This works!

Someone on MR taught me how to do this when I complained about there being no Welcome emoticon.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:50 AM   #7
deniz1
deniz1 began at the beginning.

Device: n905b
i couldnt send any messages help me pls?
deniz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:21 AM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try it now.
Old 05-26-2019, 01:49 AM   #9
Zero_Ego
Zero_Ego began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi (N647), Mini
Help Enabling PMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Try it now.
Hi pdurrant,

Any chance you could please enable PM for me also?

BTW, I am astonished by the number of books you read. That is purely mind blowing. Wow. That's a gift.
Zero_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 03:06 AM   #10
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_Ego View Post
Hi pdurrant,

Any chance you could please enable PM for me also?
Done.
Old 05-26-2019, 02:08 PM   #11
Zero_Ego
Zero_Ego began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi (N647), Mini
Thanks you pdurrant.

I will keep a keen eye on your book list and ratings. So cool dat!
Zero_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 04:16 PM   #12
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_Ego View Post
Thanks you pdurrant.

I will keep a keen eye on your book list and ratings. So cool dat!
You're welcome to join in the challenge thread for 2019. Just set yourself a target for the rest of the year.
Old 05-31-2019, 08:54 AM   #13
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
New members are restricted because of spammers. Before this policy, spammers would join and spam via Private Messages which moderators don't see.
When was that started? It sounds like a good idea overall. Would that it was so easy to keep spammers from the main boards.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 04:37 AM   #14
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
When was that started? It sounds like a good idea overall. Would that it was so easy to keep spammers from the main boards.
More than a year ago, I think.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:18 AM   #15
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
More than a year ago, I think.
I do believe an in between mode is needed.
I (as a long time user) can't send a PM to a new user because they are locked out.
I think the should be able to RECEIVE and reply (ONLY). No originate or CC adding allowed until their qualifying period/activity has elapsed.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
issues, message, private, problem, signature