Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-21-2017, 01:28 PM   #1
curtf
curtf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
converting ePub3 with embedded audio for Kindle Fire?

I have a series of ePubs with many short embedded audio clips (all .mp3) that work well in iBooks on iOS & Mac. Now I'm looking into making them work on Kindle Fire.

I successfully used the KindleGen utility in Terminal to convert to .mobi, and the images & text were OK on the device, but no sound controls were visible.

I then tried KindleUnPack v0.80 to split the mobi file into mobi7 (.mobi) & mobi8 (.azw3) versions. The .azw3 version still shows no audio controls.

The mobi7 version shows speaker icons where the sounds are, but tapping them gives the message "Unable to Play Audio File - The selected audio content could not be played. Please try downloading the content again."

In the unzipped version of the mobi7 that KindleUnpack made, I see an 'Images' folder with the images, but no sign of the sound files having been copied over.

Is there a step I'm missing? Any way to do this? The audio has tags like this:

<audio controls="controls" preload="preload" src="media/German_4.02.mp3"></audio>

Thanks!
curtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:35 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
First, you are asking in the wrong place. I have put in a request to have this moved.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2017, 01:38 PM   #3
curtf
curtf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Sorry, I'm new to the community. What would be a better place to ask? Thanks.
curtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:14 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtf View Post
Do not double post. As soon as a mod sees my report, this thread will be moved to the correct place.
Now as to your question, my guess would be because audio files are different from mobi or azw files.

It looks like it should be in Kindle Formats.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:35 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtf View Post
Your post asked specifically about the Kindle Fire HD.
Try posting in the Kindle Fire forum.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=243

This is the grayscale Kindle forum, we don't do colors, we don't do Android OS and we would like to pretend that the Amazon OS is an open system.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2017, 03:37 PM   #6
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Your post asked specifically about the Kindle Fire HD.
Try posting in the Kindle Fire forum.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=243

This is the grayscale Kindle forum, we don't do colors, we don't do Android and we would like to pretend that the Amazon OS is an open system.
He is making the epubs so I think Kindle Formats would be better.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:05 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
He is making the epubs so I think Kindle Formats would be better.
Playing embedded mp3 files is prohibited by design on the grayscale Kindles, the Fire forum might know if Amazon did the same to the tablets.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote