Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-18-2010, 03:33 AM   #16
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
loving my lighted cover, its has amazingly even light across the screen, super impressed with it. I use a small clip on the right side to ensure my kindle never lifts and its very secure now so no worries at all
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:48 AM   #17
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyd View Post
loving my lighted cover, its has amazingly even light across the screen, super impressed with it. I use a small clip on the right side to ensure my kindle never lifts and its very secure now so no worries at all

What kind of clip? Can you show us a picture and how did you put the clip on it? Would be very interested to do this too on my case.
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 05:18 AM   #18
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

its the clip you can get from Amazon.com, by Smak-dab, it fits all the kindle sizes, a small black clip. Fits on the standard and lighted covers too ......just search for kindle clip or smak-dab and you will find it
They also ship outside the US if you buy direct from their website. I nagged them about it not being available in the UK and he finally added a buying option to the UK too
Old 09-18-2010, 07:22 AM   #19
dilipc
dilipc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
its the clip you can get from Amazon.com, by Smak-dab, it fits all the kindle sizes, a small black clip. Fits on the standard and lighted covers too ......just search for kindle clip or smak-dab and you will find it
They also ship outside the US if you buy direct from their website. I nagged them about it not being available in the UK and he finally added a buying option to the UK too
Babyd... Thanks for the tip. I just ordered two clips thru Paypal. Although smak-dab's website doesn't say they ship to India, it did accept my order. Hope they ship it to me!
Too bad Amazon doesn't ship the clip to outside US
dilipc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:48 AM   #20
manou
Grand Seamstress
manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, iPhone, iPad
Please keep us updated on it. I'd love to order one - Amazon doesn't ship it to Hong Kong ...
manou is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 08:08 AM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm perhaps missing the point of this clip, but is it to stop you from opening the cover the wrong way? I've never been tempted to do that; at least with the lighted cover, the plastic corner with the light makes it obvious which is the front and which the back of the cover.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:20 AM   #22
babyd
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm perhaps missing the point of this clip, but is it to stop you from opening the cover the wrong way? I've never been tempted to do that; at least with the lighted cover, the plastic corner with the light makes it obvious which is the front and which the back of the cover.
No it clips over the kindle and the back cover, so the kindle is fixed to the back cover on the right side too, meaning it cannot be lifted away from the back cover allowing the hinge to crack the kindle. I got it as I read while laying in bed and was worried about the kindle tipping forwards as I read with it raised .... this solves that worry. It is very small, neat and works well.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:29 AM   #23
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I see. Thanks!
Old 09-18-2010, 09:31 AM   #24
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Karma to you for this hint. Great idea.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:33 AM   #25
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Heres a great video on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sINv...ext=1&index=16
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:47 AM   #26
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
That is great video, thanks! Comprehensive and professionally done.

I bought the Kindle 3 wifi, saving the $50 over the 3G which I would need only vary rarely since at home and on holidays I have good access to wifi. (Here's a tip: many airports now supply free wifi and sitting in a lounge waiting for a flight is a great time to take a quick browse on the net or drop over to Amazon and pick up a last minute read for the holiday.)

So, with $50 saved (temporarily) burning a hole in my pocket, I decided to spring for the lighted cover. I would have got the $35 "plain" official Amazon leather cover anyway (I have one for the Kindle 2 and no regrets at that); so I spent the other $25 for the $60 lighted cover, in blue. I didn't need it, wasn't sure I'd ever use it, but my inner geek just couldn't let me say "no".

Wadda ya know? I love this thing. True, I don't use it much, but it works very well, doing exactly the job it is supposed to. It's great for reading on the balcony as dusk falls; or in bed when the other half is with me. And I know some hotels in Mexico don't have the great lighting, or adequate lighting need the bed stand ... this puppy is going to come in handy there. Plus, my inner geek was thrilled it works so well.

Recommended, for all the right reasons (it works, it passes the geek test).
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 01:48 PM   #27
Sandra Edwards
Queen of Procrastination
Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: K2, K3, Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKindleWorm View Post
It is harder to make a mistake and open the K3 lighted cover from the wrong side - it looks different to the front of the cover because there is no groove for the elastic and also there is a corner covered in black plastic with a light symbol on it.

I think you would have to be very unobservant to not realise that you are opening it the wrong way round.
I whole-heartedly agree. I'm sitting here looking at my K3 in it's 'lighted case' and wondering how could anybody not know the difference between the front and the back.

I'm just saying....

Sandy
Sandra Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:03 PM   #28
babyd
Addict

I agree, the lighted cover is very easy to tell.
I got a clip only because I read laying back in bed and was worried it may tip forwards. I was using the elastic to secure it on the top corner and it was great, but was also concerned about it slipping off the bed or my lap, this way I feel safer.

But seriously, the lighted cover is just plain awesome, I just wished they made these for Sony readers too, it is near perfect for a reading light. Haven't touched my mighty bright since I got it.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:56 PM   #29
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra Edwards View Post
I whole-heartedly agree. I'm sitting here looking at my K3 in it's 'lighted case' and wondering how could anybody not know the difference between the front and the back.
Perhaps it may be more of an issue for those whose Kindle may be picked up by someone not familiar with it - children, perhaps - who may try to force open the cover the wrong way and hence damage the Kindle.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:33 PM   #30
Bratzzo
Addict
Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hi,

I ordered the clip too.
Not because I don't know the difference between the front and the back of the cover. But I tend to fumble between the Kindle and the cover, while I am reading.

Some times I put the strap from the cover over the right corner of the Kindle. But mostly I forget this, till I fumble again.
The clip will prevent fumbling all the time.

@ babyd
Thanks for the hint.

Bratzzo
Bratzzo is offline   Reply With Quote