Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-13-2010, 09:19 AM   #1
jihwan
jihwan began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
element "span" not allowed in this context

I am getting the following error while trying to upload an ibook to itunes (with itunes producer) converted to .epub with calibre :
ERROR ITMS-9000: "element "span" from namespace "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" not allowed in this context" at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)
ERROR ITMS-9000: "required attributes missing" at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)

There is no "span" tag in my html files. but when I convert it to .epub with calibre it comes automatilcally.

What should I do?
jihwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:21 AM   #2
eping
ePub Maker
eping began at the beginning.

Device: iPad,Kindle 3, Nook 2
You can check the source HTML (inside ePub) and replace them.
Could you please post a link of the result file?
eping is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2010, 05:24 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Hae you checked whether the new epub-fix utility fixes this? I thought one of its main purposes in life was to get files past the Apple validator.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:17 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
epub fix wont fix XHTML errors. At some point in the future, it might, but at the moment, it wont.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:25 PM   #5
jihwan
jihwan began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
I solved this problem. text must be wrapped in specific tags. <p>,<b>..etc.
jihwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert