Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-26-2010, 03:33 PM   #1
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
Smile BookLover - keep track of your reading list

As featured on Gizmodo. BookLover lets you keep track of what you're reading, what you read and what you want to read. Downloads covers and lets you keep notes too. Not bad for a buck. Available in the iTunes store.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:39 PM   #2
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Sounds really cool, I would definitely download this if I had an iPad.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2010, 03:44 PM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Now..if they could integrate this somehow into iBooks or the KindleApp...
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:58 PM   #4
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

or have ibooks or kindle implement these features.. accessing another app's data is a no-no for apple developers. at least for now.

unfortunately the app is sized for the iphone, not the ipad. it 2x's up but is pixilated. still it's nice to carry around on my phone for when people give me reading suggestions.. would be nice if it had social network integration too.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:03 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I find it easier to browse to Goodreads to see what I've already read then to buy an app for the iPad that's made for the iPhone size screen and costs 99 cents.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2010, 06:17 PM   #6
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
The idea certainly has potential, but as it, I don't find it terribly useful. I use evernote to keep track of books that I see, or recommendations. Along the same lines, it would be nice if iTunes kept track of books that had been read, like it does with music and audiobooks. There is a very rudimentary way of using genre to organize books (for example I might use Fiction/SF/WheelOfTime to group all the Wheel of Time books together. This is definitely an area where Apple can improve a lot. In theory, it is possible to launch a book in iBook from another app. I don't know how likely it is that such an app would be approved though.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:29 PM   #7
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
The idea certainly has potential, but as it, I don't find it terribly useful. I use evernote to keep track of books that I see, or recommendations. Along the same lines, it would be nice if iTunes kept track of books that had been read, like it does with music and audiobooks. There is a very rudimentary way of using genre to organize books (for example I might use Fiction/SF/WheelOfTime to group all the Wheel of Time books together. This is definitely an area where Apple can improve a lot. In theory, it is possible to launch a book in iBook from another app. I don't know how likely it is that such an app would be approved though.
When iBooks for iPhone is released, apparently we'll be able to sync page locations between iPhone and iPad, similar to the Kindle apps. It would be great if it would also track/sync books we've read too!
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:26 PM   #8
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
I use goodreads for this. There's an iPhone app out now too.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:27 AM   #9
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkie View Post
I use goodreads for this. There's an iPhone app out now too.
THIS is the app that uses goodreads Nikkie.

ps I loved Dresded 12 - changes too.
Have you read any of his 'fury' series? I like those so far but only 2 books into it.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:59 PM   #10
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
Quote:
Originally Posted by stustaff View Post
THIS is the app that uses goodreads Nikkie.

ps I loved Dresded 12 - changes too.
Have you read any of his 'fury' series? I like those so far but only 2 books into it.
This isn't the same app - Goodreads recently (April 13) released an app of their own. Booklover looks prettier, but doesn't have all the features of the Goodreads app.

And yes, I've read all of the Codex of Alera - They are fantastic.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:18 PM   #11
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
Well, I clearly need one of these apps. I've bought books to read (with real money) and have completely forgotten about them. They sit somewhere in Calibre among the books I've read, books I might read, books I want to read, books I think I should read but probably won't, etc.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:00 PM   #12
scottjl
Reader of Books

hmm. good reads looks nice too. and free. don't have any need to share on the web. neither one has an ipad version yet though and i paid my buck for booklover, but thanks for sharing nikkie.