Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-11-2009, 09:24 PM   #1
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX
X

With Earth a conduit for a parallel world at war, Frank Bowen, exiled for witnessing a portal, wanders in search of his long vanished wife.

Frank Bowen MD, the ultimate "Doctor Without Borders," is ambushed visiting his wife's makeshift memorial in the wilds of western Belize, where she vanished trekking a decade before .

At the same time, a band of militia scouts on their way home from the enemy frontier become stranded in a New England mill town where they discover a plot to open Earth to their enemies.

The scouts' attempt to foil this plan receives Frank's oblivious and inadvertent assistance during his quest for the long-lost Liz, whose trail gets warmer the farther Frank travels the backroads of Gi

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4612

Last edited by ASparrow; 10-25-2010 at 08:50 PM.
ASparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:29 PM   #2
dmon65
Connoisseur
dmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enough

Device: SmartQ7, a 1st gen Nook and a Kobo Glo and Aura H2O
Welcome!

And thank you for sharing your writing! It's now in my "To Be Read" queue!
dmon65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:32 AM   #3
MaMiller
Author
MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Sounds good Sparrow, I downloaded it. Thanks!!
MaMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:30 AM   #4
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Thank you, Sparrow! It's on my BeBook now ... next in queue.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:45 AM   #5
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Thanks ASparrow, downloaded and put into reading que
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:00 AM   #6
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Fixed version now uploaded.

Just a note to let you all know that I updated the manuscript on Smashwords to clean up a few typos and inconsistencies in the early chapters based on reader feedback. Nothing major.

It would be great if someone could add a review to Smashwords.com!
Old 10-13-2009, 06:10 AM   #7
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
Do you mean the version I have just d/l from Smashwords is the corrected version? If so there are still several spelling / typos and inconsistencies in the first five chapters.

I am liking what I have read so far though the mistakes do put me off.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:46 AM   #8
ASparrow
Addict

Corrections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedfreak View Post
Do you mean the version I have just d/l from Smashwords is the corrected version? If so there are still several spelling / typos and inconsistencies in the first five chapters.

I am liking what I have read so far though the mistakes do put me off.
Sorry. I'll try to find and correct them. If I'm successful I'll upload another update.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:14 PM   #9
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
I know how hard it is to proof read ones own work, but I am still finding major errors halfway through the book. I must add though that is a real page turner, I have not sat for 6 hours reading one book for some time.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:24 PM   #10
ASparrow
Addict

Revision uploaded.

Thanks to reader feedback, I discovered that my spellchecking was not nearly as thorough as I had hoped, so I've gone through every chapter and cleaned things up. The new version is posted on Smashwords and should be available to every reader who has already downloaded it for no charge. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Please note that I had a few disagreements with Mr. Spell-checker regarding certain verbs and adjectives that I've chosen to keep (artistic license ;-)
Old 10-13-2009, 12:27 PM   #11
ASparrow
Addict

Thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedfreak View Post
I know how hard it is to proof read ones own work, but I am still finding major errors halfway through the book. I must add though that is a real page turner, I have not sat for 6 hours reading one book for some time.

I think you'll find the latest version much improved.

I'm worried about the major errors though. I'm dreading that it might have something to do with the logic of the plot?
Old 10-14-2009, 07:27 PM   #12
ASparrow
Addict

Almost 150 copies downloaded so far.

I'll be setting up a blog at http://asparrow.weebly.com in the next few days.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:00 AM   #13
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Thanks for the book. Downloaded and queued.

Hoping to get to it this year
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 04:52 PM   #14
ASparrow
Addict

Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by animedude01 View Post
Thanks for the book. Downloaded and queued.

Hoping to get to it this year
I know the feeling. I've got a pile myself that I haven't gotten around to reading.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:18 PM   #15
ASparrow
Addict

I've posted an excerpt on my blog, along with a revew.

http://asparrow.weebly.com

Tags
ebook, fantasy, free