Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-04-2009, 02:27 PM   #1
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
where can i get the pocket pro asap?

is there a brick and mortar store?

online only? any deals? im a cheapie.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:30 PM   #2
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

darn all sold out online except white. I hate white. I have a kindle 2. I want a red. where to get asap?
Advert
Old 10-04-2009, 02:31 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Best deal I've seen is Books On Board. $199 plus a $10 credit to use on books.
http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...uct&PRODUCT=57

As far as B&M's go, I haven't heard of/seen any.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:36 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
darn all sold out online except white. I hate white. I have a kindle 2. I want a red. where to get asap?
New Egg has black, but their price is $50 higher than BoB or Astak.

Since the colors are OOS on Astak's site the colored one's must be out until they can get more shipped from China. Unless they pulled them while working out the paint issues or something.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:50 PM   #5
oncdoc
Addict

thanks cat. You are powerfull. I like the 10 buck book credit. Will have to wait for another color though. cheers.
Advert
Old 10-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #6
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
New Egg has black, but their price is $50 higher than BoB or Astak.

Since the colors are OOS on Astak's site the colored one's must be out until they can get more shipped from China. Unless they pulled them while working out the paint issues or something.
This only personal opinion stemming from reading between the lines of information gathered here...but I think that Astak actually does have coloured units in stock, but until they replace and exchange those already sold for those who which to exchange them, they are not letting any others purchase them.

I do know that I sent in my request the Friday before last and my new blue PEZ was shipped out this last Friday. So they do have some stock, but it seems to not be for public sale just yet.

Personally, I find this very laudable for the company. I would hate to be denied a correctly-coated Slate Blue PEZ in exchange for my "jinke'd" one simply because the new shipment that came in was sold out before I sent in my exchange request.

I am thinking that it won't be much longer before Astak opens the gates. Most pre-orderers who want to exchange their units either have already done so, or are in the process of doing it now.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:20 PM   #7
oncdoc
Addict

yeah i wonder if i can call and preorder and pay the same price. 199?
Old 10-04-2009, 03:37 PM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
This only personal opinion stemming from reading between the lines of information gathered here...but I think that Astak actually does have coloured units in stock, but until they replace and exchange those already sold for those who which to exchange them, they are not letting any others purchase them.
That would make sense.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:58 PM   #9
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post

I do know that I sent in my request the Friday before last and my new blue PEZ was shipped out this last Friday. So they do have some stock, but it seems to not be for public sale just yet.

Personally, I find this very laudable for the company. I would hate to be denied a correctly-coated Slate Blue PEZ in exchange for my "jinke'd" one simply because the new shipment that came in was sold out before I sent in my exchange request.

I am thinking that it won't be much longer before Astak opens the gates. Most pre-orderers who want to exchange their units either have already done so, or are in the process of doing it now.
I returned my purple Pocket Pro last week. I got an email from Amy on Friday saying they were out of stock in all colors but blue and white but that they'd be getting more this coming week. Maybe then they'll put the colored units up for sale again?

I really debated returning mine, the blistering was so slight, but I was worried it would spread. Now I'm afraid I'm going through withdrawals, especially as I have to wait until the next shipment comes in!
Jane A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:13 PM   #10
oncdoc
Addict

who is amy? can u fwd her email to me?
Old 10-04-2009, 04:39 PM   #11
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
who is amy? can u fwd her email to me?
support@astak.com

But I don't know if she'll have an answer for you. Amy seems to be handling the returns and sales may be a whole other area. My thought that the new shipment may make colored units available again is simply conjecture.

Good luck, though!
Jane A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:19 PM   #12
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
Jane,

I already have my new replacement here with me since yesterday. It was delivered to Astak Tuesday last week. I sent an email asking Amy and she said my replacement was shipped Thursday and I got it yesterday. I kept mine purple and it looks super duper good with no wrinkles or marks at all. I think they have to have some color ones in stock or else I wouldnt have mine right now. Good luck with your decision but my purple PP looks so darn cute! Come on you know you cant resist.
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:50 PM   #13
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Best deal I've seen is Books On Board. $199 plus a $10 credit to use on books.
http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...uct&PRODUCT=57

As far as B&M's go, I haven't heard of/seen any.
$10 credit is nice but from Astak is comes with a 1 Gig card full of books. I am not sure which is the better deal.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:06 PM   #14
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
$10 credit is nice but from Astak is comes with a 1 Gig card full of books. I am not sure which is the better deal.

Dale
True, although IIRC the books are PD files that can likely be found better formatted elsewhere.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:13 PM   #15
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
True, although IIRC the books are PD files that can likely be found better formatted elsewhere.
Possibly but it is convenient to have them on the first day and besides the card itself is reusable.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote