Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-16-2013, 08:49 AM   #1
devilly
devilly began at the beginning.

Device: ipad2
changing the structure of library folder?

First, sorry for my bad English..

I put many books in Calibre, and they all start from author's name folder in its library folder. I usually don't know the authors' name and the structure of library folder makes me so hard to find a book that I want to find.

I want to see the titles first when I enter the root of library folder.

Could anyone tell me if it's possible?

Thanks.
devilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #2
devilly

ah... I found the post that said it's not possible....

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119175
Advert
Old 01-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you use Calibre itself to find the books then you should not have this issue as Calibre allows for searching/sorting on any field.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #4
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilly View Post
First, sorry for my bad English..

I want to see the titles first when I enter the root of library folder.
Never, NEVER, enter the root of library folder!! At least not until you have used Calibre for many months.
You can do serious damage to your library if you go and change things directly without telling Calibre.

Calibre GUI - good, root folder - bad.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:26 AM   #5
devilly

I just wanted to use the library by using dropbox on my tablet applications directly.. And I've now figured that something can not be exactly fit with my taste and needed to study more and more about Calibre..

Thank you for all your answers
Advert
Old 01-17-2013, 05:51 AM   #6
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilly View Post
I just wanted to use the library by using dropbox on my tablet applications directly.. And I've now figured that something can not be exactly fit with my taste and needed to study more and more about Calibre..

Thank you for all your answers
I had the same problem and my solution was rather simple (though, it does take a bit more room and an extra action).

I simply tell Calibre to connect to a folder (in my case, my Skydrive folder) and update that. That way I have full control about how my library on my shared folder is.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I simply tell Calibre to connect to a folder (in my case, my Skydrive folder) and update that. That way I have full control about how my library on my shared folder is.
Great solution for the OP's problem.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote