Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-22-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Question Calibre Library in Dropbox

I've read all the threads I can find about using Dropbox but the more I read the more confused I get so forgive me for such a simple question.

Are the following steps the correct way to use Dropbox to store my catalogs?

1. Move the catalog folders to Dropbox folder

2. Use the Library icon Switch/Create Library selection to point calibre to the new location

What about the files in AppData/Roaming? Do I move those to Dropbox?

Anything else I need to do?
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
By catalogs I'm going to assume you mean your actual library or do you mean the catalogs generated from the Convert Books button?

If it's the second one, Convert Books generated catalogs, then all you need to do is tell Calibre to save them in your Dropbox when you create them.

If you mean your actual library then NO, do NOT do any of the steps you just listed. What you actually want to do is click on the Books icon as shown in the first attached picture and then select Switch/Create Library. Then, as you see in the second attached picture, you tell Calibre the new location in your Dropbox where you want your library stored, select Move Current Library To New Location and then click OK. This will safely move your library to its' new home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SwitchLibrary.jpg
Views:	904
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	82904   Click image for larger version

Name:	MoveLibrary.jpg
Views:	1005
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	82905  
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Thank you so much for your reply.

It is the second one; I want to move my actual libraries, not catalogs.

I will follow your instructions and boy am I glad I asked!
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #4
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
No problem. Most of the time our first response to needing to move files is to just go in and physically move the files. Unfortunately, because of the metadata, doing so with Calibre leads at best to some mild frustration, at worst and more usually VERY BAD THINGS.
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote