Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-08-2012, 11:34 PM   #1
KDA1
KDA1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 wifi
Move books to a Collection without Calibre?

Will someone please tell me how to move a book to a specific Collection on my Kindle 4 NT without using Calibre? Yes, I assume it's done locally.

It would be easier and faster for me to add a book to a Collection without having to reset my Kindle or manage my collection content with Calibre.
KDA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:51 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDA1 View Post
Will someone please tell me how to move a book to a specific Collection on my Kindle 4 NT without using Calibre? Yes, I assume it's done locally.

It would be easier and faster for me to add a book to a Collection without having to reset my Kindle or manage my collection content with Calibre.
This is a Kindle forum type question.
On the Home Menu, select the book, IIRC (My wife has the K4NT) hit the Menu again. You should see a add to collection item (existing collections).
New collections are created from the home level menu
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2012, 07:01 AM   #3
KDA1

Understood

I should've mentioned I know how to do that one.

It's too slow when you have a whole lot of books to put into collections.

I want to be able to do it while connected to the USB cord and opening and working within the Kindle folders themselves.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #4
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Others here with Kindle 4s make their collections using Kindle for PC and and then import them to their Kindle. See this thread for more information.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:40 PM   #5
KDA1

Thank you but I only run Linux. Perhaps there's a version for Linux?
Advert
Old 02-10-2012, 04:39 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDA1 View Post
Thank you but I only run Linux. Perhaps there's a version for Linux?
Perhaps you would have better luck getting an answer if you ask this question in the Kindle Forum.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote