Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-22-2011, 08:25 AM   #1
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: divisive reader
Folder/file storage structure hierarchy

Like some other users, I am curious to know where files, such as for example, book cover thumbnails, sleep mode screen-savers, book notes, dictionary history, and so on, are stored on my reader.

Despite having already located some of these files, and gained a slightly better understanding of the file storage structure, whenever I return to it at a later date, I have difficulty remembering the hierarchy. So I decided to create a document that would act as a visual reminder.

Having created such an aide-mémoire, it occurred to me that other users might find this useful, too. Whilst I created it for use with my Sony PRS-650, the storage structure used in the 350 & 650 models may be similar, or the same. Please let me know if it is, and I will gladly amend the document to reflect this, for the benefit of those users.

I have included some explanatory notes at the beginning of the document, in case it seems a little arcane, as well as links to some relevant MR threads. I believe the structure is now correct, but some of the annotation and comments may still be incorrect. So, I will update the document from time-time, as and when I glean more information.

So, hopefully someone will find the attached PDF file useful. Any comments, and/or additional information, from other users, would of course be most welcome.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Sony_ PRS-n50_file_structure_guide.pdf (94.1 KB, 2287 views)

Last edited by boxcorner; 02-27-2011 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Updated PDF to version: 20110227G
boxcorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Interesting. Wonder why the duplication of the images (Eifel tower, palm tree, Snowy road, Screensaver) at location 1.5.2 and 3?
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2011, 06:08 PM   #3
mornington
Connoisseur
mornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enoughmornington will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
Interesting. Wonder why the duplication of the images (Eifel tower, palm tree, Snowy road, Screensaver) at location 1.5.2 and 3?
They're not duplicates, they're thumbnails of the image files.

The thumbnails folder contains folders which match the structure of the eBooks/Images/etc on the device, with the bottom level folder having the same filename as the file whose thumbnail is inside that folder, the thumbnail itself having the filename "main_thumbnail.jpg" in each case.

So, a book called "database/media/books/flibble.epub" will have a corresponding thumbnail in "dataase/thumbnail/database/media/books/flibble.epub/main_thumbnail.jpg" and similarly for images and other thumnailable files.
mornington is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
file location, files, folders, sony prs-650