Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-10-2011, 12:24 PM   #16
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The DC library has not added any new eBooks in months and months. It's pathetic.
They seem to be adding items more slowly, but I do see some recent releases from time to time in the past couple months.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:30 PM   #17
JP36
Enthusiast
JP36 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipaq 2200, Pocketbook IQ 701, Sony PRS350
I'm in with my state library, local doesn't have ebooks available only audio books, the state has limited selection and horrible search function/display.

Through Overdrive I have access to many more titles but the list is 5-20 people long, most closer to 15 than 5. I'm glad I have lots of public domain stuff on my to read list.
JP36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2011, 01:49 AM   #18
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
We have a decent selection but the majority of them are waiting list or holds. It wasn't like that before the holidays. I'm guessing lots of people got ereaders for Christmas this year. Annoying but kind of cool that it looks like ereaders are becoming more popular.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #19
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
They seem to be adding items more slowly, but I do see some recent releases from time to time in the past couple months.
That is, I currently have out a book pub'd Oct. 2010. There are 37 people after me on the waiting list for it (yes, I'm reading it as top priority now and will return it immediately when done).
Old 01-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #20
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
CPL gets some long waiting lists (67 out of 67). But they might buy 10 copies, so it goes pretty fast. It isn't checking more books out I want - it is to have the ability to put more books on hold. I seem to have a pretty steady flow (a book every couple days). But some have been on the list since November.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2011, 04:46 PM   #21
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I find the selection at the Chicago Public Library and the Philly library to be very good. I have a huge wishlist at CPL, and I have a smaller one at Philly for books that CPL does not yet have.

I'm fine with the waitlists, I have so many books to read I'll never get to them all. I don't keep more than two books on my hold list, at one point I had several come available at once and wasn't able to read them all in time.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:38 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Can you please post some links to any new eBooks? They've been the same for months. Seems like since November 2010. Sure they add new stuff. Audio book. But eBooks? Not that I can see.

I plan on calling the library and asking what's up with no new eBooks.

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-11-2011 at 05:40 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:45 PM   #23
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I use the advanced search option with my library website to find new books. You can specify format so you can get ebooks only. You can also specify date added to site with options like last 14 days, 30, 90, etc. Most libraries use similar Overdrive website templates so maybe your library has the same search.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:54 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I use the advanced search option with my library website to find new books. You can specify format so you can get ebooks only. You can also specify date added to site with options like last 14 days, 30, 90, etc. Most libraries use similar Overdrive website templates so maybe your library has the same search.
Thanks. I just used the advanced search to find out that DC Library has not added any eBooks in the last 30 days. In the last 30 days they added 31 aBooks. I don't want aBooks. I prefer to read then to listen.

So yes, I'll have to call to find out why they aren't adding any new eBooks.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:28 PM   #25
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
Having complained that Adelaide (where I live) was so far behind the times that we could probably expect e-book borrowing sometime about 2021, imagine my surprise when yesterday they sent out a survey to all their library patrons about ebooks! Does this mean we are going to actually see ebook lending here in my lifetime? I live in hope!
They were serious enough to offer a free Kobo prize to be drawn from those who replied to the survey.
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:06 AM   #26
Joykins
Wizard

*ahem* the DC library just added a crapload of new e-books. Feel free to go crazy -- once I've checked out mine, that is
Old 02-06-2011, 05:44 PM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
*ahem* the DC library just added a crapload of new e-books. Feel free to go crazy -- once I've checked out mine, that is
Completely a crapload of crap. Out of the 40 new eBooks, most are from Harlequin and only 2 are not romance. One is a vampire novella and the other is a rather useless suspense novel since it is the third in a series and DC does not have the other two. So really, this batch of eBooks may as well not have been purchased.

Last edited by JSWolf; 02-06-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:54 PM   #28
digiSara
Groupie
digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.

Device: Kobo wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Mostly a crapload of crap. You know, the crappy romance type of crap.
Could be worse - Toronto just added about 100 new books but they are all Children's books - as in very young children, picture book, books. But there are already waiting lists for them so I guess someone wants them.
digiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiSara View Post
Could be worse - Toronto just added about 100 new books but they are all Children's books - as in very young children, picture book, books. But there are already waiting lists for them so I guess someone wants them.
I would not mind them being children' eBooks as that's OK. But to be eBooks that are of no value to most people other then frustrated housewives is not worth the bother.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #30
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
romance is a top selling book genre JSWolfe. Just because you don't enjoy it doesn't make it of no value and it is read by far more people than women who make their careers at home.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote