Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-23-2014, 10:14 AM   #1
Stephsgrn
Stephsgrn began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 3 Lite
Unhappy Help! for Galaxy Tab 3 Lite ebooks

I have a Galaxy Tab 3 Lite (but have had this problem on other devices as well).
I have the Kindle, Nook, and Aldiko apps. I am often given free books from authors/publishers for review. I am having trouble being able to download the books. When I download I am asked to open with random stupid apps that aren't even ereaders, like "memo" or notepad. For some reason, it's just not giving me the option to open these files with any of my ereader apps and I can't figure out how to fix this. I just don't understand what is wrong.. I have tried this with .mobi and .epub files alike and it just won't work. pdf usually asks me to open with Aldiko so they work. Please advise me on how to actually get to read the books I'm given through emails.
Thanks in advance.
Steph
Stephsgrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:52 PM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Hi Stephsgrn, welcome to MobileRead!

Unfortunately you've posted your question in the totally wrong part of this forum.
Please, ask your question in the Android Devices section
(https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=225)
or browse this subforum if someone else has already asked this question.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:55 PM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Moderator Notice
Thread moved, no need to post it again
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:19 PM   #4
Ankhi_sena_mun
Ankhi_sena_mun began at the beginning.

Device: moto E / win 7 laptop / padfone 2 / fedora
I dunno which version of android you are talking about (I am assuming jelly bean) but I think the problem is that your phone thinks that there are a lot of apps which open ebooks.

so basically you have to set default readers by file type:
i.e. epub - aldiko

to do this when the choice comes (assuming you are opening an epub file)
just check always open choice before clicking on aldiko ....

but this means that it wont ask you next time and all epubs will be opened by aldiko ...
Ankhi_sena_mun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aldiko, ereader help, kindle, nook