Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #35971
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Drinking red wine and knuckling down to my book. Have written about 1,300 words today, which is pretty good for me, given all the other distractions that take me away from the task at hand (including work, the curse of the drinking classes).
What are you writing?
[If you posted about it previously, please provide a link!]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #35972
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
What are you writing?
[If you posted about it previously, please provide a link!]
It's a thriller about a decent man driven to extremes due to the economic crisis. I'm about 53,000 words in, with a target of 100,000.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #35973
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It's a thriller about a decent man driven to extremes due to the economic crisis. I'm about 53,000 words in, with a target of 100,000.
Cool! Are you going to post chapters in the Writer's Forum?
Old 04-18-2013, 02:16 AM   #35974
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Murder, eh?
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:17 AM   #35975
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Cool! Are you going to post chapters in the Writer's Forum?
Not nearly brave enough to do that. May post the whole thing once it's done, and rewritten, edited, and rewritten. And edited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
Murder, eh?
Writing it certainly is .
Old 04-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #35976
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Not nearly brave enough to do that. May post the whole thing once it's done, and rewritten, edited, and rewritten. And edited.

If you get brave, I'd love to read it!
[And yes - it's scary to let others read your stuff]

Writing it certainly is .
It most certainly is!
I had no idea of the magnitude of the task I was undertaking when I volunteered to pen the MR Murder Mystery contest stories! Whew!
Old 04-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #35977
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
If you get brave, I'd love to read it!
[And yes - it's scary to let others read your stuff]

It most certainly is!
I had no idea of the magnitude of the task I was undertaking when I volunteered to pen the MR Murder Mystery contest stories! Whew!
Thanks for the encouragement .
Old 04-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #35978
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I've been washing my dirty clothes. When I went to put them in the dryer a couple of minutes ago, I found $15.53 in the washing machine that had fallen out of one of my pockets.

Now I'm worried I'll be charged with money laundering.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #35979
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I've been washing my dirty clothes. When I went to put them in the dryer a couple of minutes ago, I found $15.53 in the washing machine that had fallen out of one of my pockets.

Now I'm worried I'll be charged with money laundering.

Last edited by Dylrob; 04-19-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:59 AM   #35980
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Packing for a weekend of looking after Luca. Like always I put a couple of extra ebooks on my Kindle, just in case. Never mind that I still have to read over 500 pages to finish the first Mistborn book .
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #35981
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Mistborn was great
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #35982
michaeljoseph
michaeljoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michaeljoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michaeljoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michaeljoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michaeljoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michaeljoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michaeljoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michaeljoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michaeljoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michaeljoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.michaeljoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
What am I doing now?

Browsing this forum when I should be getting on with writing my book.
michaeljoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:32 AM   #35983
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Looking for an European online store that sells all/most of Burt's Bees products and is willing to ship to the Netherlands for a reasonable fee. Last week I ordered some of their products from various online stores but I'd like to have one store where I can order all my products in one go. This seems to be hard, mostly they only have a small selection of BB products or they don't ship to the Netherlands. The only store that has a lot of their products in stock is Nelly.com but a quick google search shows that they aren't to be trusted.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:25 AM   #35984
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Looking for an European online store that sells all/most of Burt's Bees products and is willing to ship to the Netherlands for a reasonable fee. Last week I ordered some of their products from various online stores but I'd like to have one store where I can order all my products in one go. This seems to be hard, mostly they only have a small selection of BB products or they don't ship to the Netherlands. The only store that has a lot of their products in stock is Nelly.com but a quick google search shows that they aren't to be trusted.
Amazon UK sell them, if that's any help?

I'm just trying to wind up to the start of a working week, pondering what to get on with today...
Old 04-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #35985
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Amazon UK sell them, if that's any help?

I'm just trying to wind up to the start of a working week, pondering what to get on with today...
I was wondering if amazon might not be the solution
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?