Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #1306
hanog
Enthusiast
hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
ixtab you awesome! This two is the must have. The kindle is useless without it!
Thanx man!
hanog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #1307
rafalele
Enthusiast
rafalele began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Adapted patches working on Paperwhite with 5.3.4.

Thanks a lot Ixtab.
rafalele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #1308
kindleuzer
Enthusiast
kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: PW, K3 Kbd
I installed jbpatch, and I lost the ability to change fonts. It stayed Caecilia no matter what I selected. I had to remove jbpatch to restore font functionality. Is this normal and I missed a setting within jbpatch? Or is it a glitch?
kindleuzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #1309
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw-uzer View Post
I installed jbpatch, and I lost the ability to change fonts. It stayed Caecilia no matter what I selected. I had to remove jbpatch to restore font functionality. Is this normal and I missed a setting within jbpatch? Or is it a glitch?
You're the first person ever to report such behavior. Please post exact instructions to reproduce it.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #1310
kindleuzer
Enthusiast
kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
You're the first person ever to report such behavior. Please post exact instructions to reproduce it.
My bad! It was just on one book so far, a freebie from Amazon. I guess the font is hardcoded into it. I haven't loaded most of my other books to test yet, but it appears to be a book issue and not a patch issue.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #1311
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
My bad! It was just on one book so far, a freebie from Amazon. I guess the font is hardcoded into it. I haven't loaded most of my other books to test yet, but it appears to be a book issue and not a patch issue.
azw3's that are badly encoded have done this before.

Talk to the publisher.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #1312
kindleuzer
Enthusiast

Ok, so I opened JBPatch, went into "Modify Reader Margins," and set "Default Words Per Line Margin (Non-PDF)" to 2. I press "Overview" to save the settings, go back to home screen to open a book, and... the margins are exactly the same as before! What am I doing wrong, please? :P
Old 03-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #1313
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Read the documentation. Both the Wiki, and the first post of this thread, politely ask you to do so.

Sorry if this sounds grumpy, but it's REALLY tiring to answer the same questions again and again. Please invest at least some effort and READ THE F#@!&% MANUAL before asking.

Last edited by ixtab; 03-20-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #1314
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ok, so I opened JBPatch, went into "Modify Reader Margins," and set "Default Words Per Line Margin (Non-PDF)" to 2. I press "Overview" to save the settings, go back to home screen to open a book, and... the margins are exactly the same as before! What am I doing wrong, please? :P
Modify Reader Margins

Available for: Firmwares 5.1.x, 5.3.1, 5.3.2, 5.3.3
This patch allows to change the margins around reader content.
Note: changes to the left and right margins for non-PDF files only become visible once you have changed to a different setting, then back to the desired one. Example: you have changed the "fewer words per line" margin, but you don't see any effect in the reader. Temporarily set the display option ("Aa" button) either to "default" or "few" words per line, then change back to "fewer". The technical explanation is that the margin widths are read from a cached file, which only gets updated with the new values when you change the margin setting.
Version 2013-01-28: bundled with JBPatch >= 3.2.0

EDIT: Ah crap... and I forgot to add

"As this does not seem to be clear enough, I'll repeat it again: all changes that you make to patch settings generally require a restart of the framework before they come into effect."

sorry Ixtab

Last edited by twobob; 03-20-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #1315
kindleuzer
Enthusiast

Quote:
Read the documentation. Both the Wiki, and the first post of this thread, ask you to do so.

Sorry if this sounds grumpy, but it's REALLY tiring to answer the same questions again and again. Please do your homework and READ THE F#@!&% MANUAL before asking.
I changed to all the margins in Aa, no difference.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #1316
ixtab
(offline)

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/JBPatch#Patches :

"As this does not seem to be clear enough, I'll repeat it again: all changes that you make to patch settings generally require a restart of the framework before they come into effect."
Old 03-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #1317
twobob

heh I love how you starred out FRIENDLY
Old 03-20-2013, 11:32 PM   #1318
kindleuzer
Enthusiast

Quote:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/JBPatch#Patches :

I'm not really sure what that means, "restart of the framework." After changing the margin settings in JBPatch, I've selected all three of the default Paperwhite margin settings, multiple times even. If you mean restart the device, I've also done that. If you mean restart the framework from withing JBPatch, I've done that. No matter what actions I take, the JBPatch margins don't go into effect. The 3 stock Paperwhite margin settings stay the same regardless of how many times I change between them.

Last edited by kindleuzer; 03-20-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:46 PM   #1319
twobob

hmm.. revision? Like 5.3.something?
Old 03-20-2013, 11:48 PM   #1320
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
@ixtab-
Applied patches to 5.3.4...hyphenations working GREAT! Thanks... apparently you ARE a F#@!&% (friendly) porting machine!!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks