Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Other Books

Notices

Old 06-11-2008, 03:06 PM   #1
TedPark
Zealot
TedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Sony 505
Park, Ted: Harvard Classics Author Index (RTF). v2. 16 Jun 2008

Since I got my first Electric Book and have been haunting this site, I have become most enamored with the Harvard Classics. But one of the problems for me has been the lack of an organized list of authors and entries.

This upload is a correction for that problem. It is an author-ordered list of every entry in the 49 volumes. For each entry it shows the volume number. Too bad I can't link directly to the volume or the article, but this at least gives a place to start. I did not include all the (nearly 1000) poems by name - that would have made this list too long and unwieldy - but I have included all the authors of the poems and have simply designated their entries as "Poems".

This isn't the most dramatic actual book making - just a simple RTF file - but it represents a bit of research and a great deal of hand-work. I hope somebody besides me finds it useful.

Finally, I have intermediate DOC and XLS files that I made in the process of condensing things to a format suitable for a reader. They may be of some use to anyone who wishes to slice and dice things differently than I have done.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: rtf HC_dir_1.rtf (44.1 KB, 1306 views)
File Type: rtf HC_dir_2.rtf (44.2 KB, 945 views)

Last edited by TedPark; 06-16-2008 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Some minor corrections to V1
TedPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 03:18 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:46 PM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Harvard Classics: Harvard Classics Directory. v2. 11 Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedPark View Post
Too bad I can't link directly to the volume or the article, but this at least gives a place to start.
Great Job!

One good deed deserves another. I attach a linked directory listing to all the MobileRead versions of the Harvard Classics i.e. BBeB/LRF, Mobi/PRC, .IMP(EBW1150) and .IMP(REB1200) based on TedPark's work!

Note the .zip contains the hyper-linked .html directory listing.

Enjoy!

EDIT: In addition to the original HC-dir_1.zip (sorted in Author order),
I attach two new sorted views of that same index, namely
HC-dir_1-Title-Author order.zip (sorted by Title then Author) and
HC-dir_1-Volume-Title order.zip (sorted by Volume then Title).
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HC-dir_1.zip (21.2 KB, 838 views)
File Type: zip HC-dir_1-Title-Author order.zip (20.2 KB, 873 views)
File Type: zip HC-dir_1-Volume-Title order.zip (16.8 KB, 988 views)

Last edited by nrapallo; 06-13-2008 at 09:11 AM. Reason: added two more views of same index
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:16 PM   #4
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Great job, Ted! This looks really useful. May I suggest that you post this again as a new thread in the Other Books portion of the E-book Uploads section? That way, it will get cataloged and listed with the rest of the ebooks and people can easily find it when they want to (like me!). For the thread title, I would suggest perhaps

Harvard Classics: Index of All Volumes, v.1, 11 June 2008

and pick Reference for the genre.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:18 PM   #5
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Great Job!

One good deed deserves another. I attach a linked directory listing to all the MobileRead versions of the Harvard Classics i.e. BBeB/LRF, Mobi/PRC, .IMP(EBW1150) and .IMP(REB1200) based on TedPark's work!

Note the .zip contains the hyper-linked .html directory listing.

Enjoy!
Wow! How the heck did you do that, Nick? Okay, I don't really want to know. But, cool!
Old 06-11-2008, 06:48 PM   #6
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Wow! How the heck did you do that, Nick? Okay, I don't really want to know. But, cool!
VR:

Excel is your friend! I've had a lot of experience sorting, cutting and pasting indices in Excel that this stuff comes second nature to me now.

Now, I like your suggestion about posting this to the Other ebooks upload area. I'll wait for TedPark to re-claim his glory and post this new thread.

TedPark:

Feel free to add the .html to your .rtf re-post!
Old 06-11-2008, 09:52 PM   #7
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I have moved the thread as suggested by VR, good doggie.

Ted, great job. A wonderful addition to the Harvard Classics series. Thanks.

I have considered a revision to the original postings but work and real life has had a part of getting in the way of other plans.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:27 PM   #8
TedPark
Zealot
TedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankindTedPark has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Sony 505
OK - fine - but in the future - if I were to upload something - where/how do I do it?
TedPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:23 AM   #9
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Ted, read the sticky thread "General Book Uploading Guidelines" (particularly Harry's first post there) in the Upload Help section of the E-book Uploads forum: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14163
Old 06-13-2008, 09:05 AM   #10
nrapallo

In addition to the original HC-dir_1.zip (sorted in Author order), I attached, to post #3 above, two new .html hyperlinked sorted views of that same index, namely
HC-dir_1-Title-Author order.zip (sorted by Title then Author) and
HC-dir_1-Volume-Title order.zip (sorted by Volume then Title).

As always, enjoy!

Last edited by nrapallo; 06-14-2008 at 09:07 AM.