Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Remove Specified Style

Could someone give a little more explanation about how to use the new "Filter style information" options or point me to where I can find out more?

A Couple of the standard options are self explanatory but a couple I am wary about using as I am unsure how they will affect other conversion settings.

I have searched the forums and manual but did not find anything that helped.

Last edited by Thasaidon; 11-21-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:17 PM   #2
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Which particular couple of options are you wary about? You could always test them out on a temporary document to see what they do. There is also a tooltip which pops up if you mouse-over each option for a second or two, and the tips seem pretty clear.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:50 AM   #3
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
I have attached a document that you can use for testing. Save this file with a new extension of .htm, (forum does not allow such to be uploaded).

Add the htm file to calibre and convert to ePub with no styles filtered and view this ePub as the original. Then convert again, (from ZIP to ePub), try the different style filters and view the resultant ePub. Repeat this conversion to test all filters.

To test the comma separated list you can enter line-height which will remove the paragraph double-spacing.
Attached Files
File Type: txt StyleFilter.txt (1.1 KB, 113 views)
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:47 AM   #4
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
Which particular couple of options are you wary about? You could always test them out on a temporary document to see what they do. There is also a tooltip which pops up if you mouse-over each option for a second or two, and the tips seem pretty clear.
Thanks for that Agama.

I have am using three of the options and they are very useful.

I tried the margins optinion and it also seems to remove the margins I had set up elsewhere in the conversion options. Potentially useful now I know.

I will have a look at Calibre when I get home from work. I can then make sure that what else I ask about this function is accurate and not due to my poor memory.
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote