Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 09-23-2022, 08:13 PM   #16
GregTheGrate
Connoisseur
GregTheGrate began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Sorry, On a Mac. Command works. Thank you.
GregTheGrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 08:16 PM   #17
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
@theducks
Thanks for testing and confirming.

@JSWolf
Thanks for testing. I can confirm that once those two lines are removed, the classes are correctly found.
But my understanding is that those two lines are required. Is that correct?
https://standardebooks.org/manual/1....code-style#1.2

The big question- is this a problem with my CSS or with Calibre? As theducks states, Sigil has no problems with those two lines being included.

Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 08:21 PM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTheGrate View Post
This is what I get when I do that
Was the stylesheet behind? I see that dialog, but simply click outside it to dismiss.

If not.
Your control key is disabled or you did not (Normal) click.

Or there is no linked stylesheet
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 09:57 PM   #19
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, they absolutely are not required, they are mostly just noise. That said the editor should handle them open a bug report about it and I will look at it when I have a moment.

For @charset
https://www.w3.org/International/que....html#nutshell

And the namespace declaration is absolutely not required. Modern HTML only supports disjoint tag names so namespaces are not needed. And in any case XHTML is the default namespace just as utf-8 is th edefault charset.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 10:02 PM   #20
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Do not high light the class place the cursor over it.

Right click get this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2022-09-23 21-50-01.png
Views:	72
Size:	624.4 KB
ID:	196740

ctrl right click get this:

Name:	Screenshot from 2022-09-23 21-51-31.png
Views:	66
Size:	464.5 KB
ID:	196741

ctrl left click get this:

Name:	Screenshot from 2022-09-23 21-52-33.png
Views:	68
Size:	478.3 KB
ID:	196742

*Highlight and right click the class name and get this:

Name:	Screenshot from 2022-09-23 21-59-55.png
Views:	68
Size:	637.1 KB
ID:	196743

*Works with text also.

bernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTheGrate View Post
This is what I get when I do that
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 05:12 AM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
@theducks
Thanks for testing and confirming.

@JSWolf
Thanks for testing. I can confirm that once those two lines are removed, the classes are correctly found.
But my understanding is that those two lines are required. Is that correct?
https://standardebooks.org/manual/1....code-style#1.2

The big question- is this a problem with my CSS or with Calibre? As theducks states, Sigil has no problems with those two lines being included..
Neither of those two lines are needed. The CSS will work no problem without them.

Given that this information comes form StabndardEbooks, I would double check everything they say as they do things in the most convoluted complicated way they can.

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-25-2022 at 06:12 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 02:40 AM   #22
GregTheGrate
Connoisseur
GregTheGrate began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Cmd-Click has changed my life....
GregTheGrate is offline   Reply With Quote