Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-11-2018, 03:32 PM   #2971
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
(yet more) New Test Version Posted

2018-10-11
- Fix adapter_wuxiaworldco date format for 24 hour clock. Closes #345
- Change adapter_lightnovelgatecom to adapter_novelonlinefullcom for site change. Closes #346
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:45 AM   #2972
FaceDeer
Connoisseur
FaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by baggins41 View Post
Lately, any time I download a single chapter story from FimFiction (e.g. this one), the chapter title is no longer displayed before the text in the resultant epub. The chapter title is present in the metadata and in the table of contents, but it doesn't show up as a header in the actual text at the start of the chapter, as it used to.
I've just noticed that FanFicFare doesn't seem to be downloading cover images for stories from Fimfiction any more, and that this started around September 18 (based on the publication date where the cutoff seems to be). If the site made some change to their formatting to remove those chapter headers perhaps it happened around the same time as whatever they did to stop cover images from being recognized.

Unfortunately my RL schedule is crazy busy, I won't be able to take a peek at what's going on under the hood until Sunday at the earliest. But hopefully once these changes find fixes that will help find books in need of an update.
FaceDeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2018, 10:43 AM   #2973
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceDeer View Post
I've just noticed that FanFicFare doesn't seem to be downloading cover images for stories from Fimfiction any more
I can take a look at it if you give me some story URLs. My one FimF story in my test library downloads a cover image still.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:27 AM   #2974
FaceDeer
Connoisseur
FaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I can take a look at it if you give me some story URLs. My one FimF story in my test library downloads a cover image still.
I tried re-downloading (from scratch) an old story I had that FFF had previously downloaded a cover for, https://www.fimfiction.net/story/394371/, and it didn't get a cover this time.

Tried two newly published stories - https://www.fimfiction.net/story/417890/ and https://www.fimfiction.net/story/421685/ - and also this old-but-newly-updated multi-chapter story just in case multichapter made a difference: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/65539/

FFF does retain cover art when updating an existing story, though. No problem with that. What's your test case? I can try downloading that too, to see if it's something weird with my setup in particular (I've got a lot of custom columns and configuration tweaks, though I haven't changed anything about that in quite a while).

Edit: Oh, hey, maybe this is just my own installation that's acting up. I went and found a random fanfiction.net story with cover art, https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12888721/1/, and it didn't download a cover for that either. A strong hint that it's something in how I've got FFF set up locally. No further time to investigate today, though. So don't dig too deeply, this might be a false alarm.

Last edited by FaceDeer; 10-12-2018 at 11:37 AM.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:19 PM   #2975
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

My test story URL is https://www.fimfiction.net/story/244372/

I got a cover image for all four of those, which were all internally marked cover:'specific', meaning they where set with setCoverImage().

My thoughts are that perhaps you've changed your settings in some fashion, or that you have username/password set (I don't) and that effects it--possibly from using a different skin?
Advert
Old 10-13-2018, 02:03 AM   #2976
FaceDeer
Connoisseur

Well, I'm narrowing the problem down, at least.

I tried wiping my personal.ini completely, no effect. There's no username and password in my settings.

But then I finally had the idea to actually open one of the epubs I'd downloaded in the course of all this testing, and there it was - the cover was downloaded and stored inside the epub just fine. I'd be more embarrassed about that oversight if I'd had time to do any real reading in the past month.

Anyway, going "edit metadata in bulk -> change cover -> set from e-book files" causes Calibre to get the cover from the book as you'd expect. So whatever's going wrong for me is just in the step where Calibre's displayed cover is updated from the downloaded epub. That's good, it means there's no data loss and I won't need to update the whole stash of books I've been accumulating for my next reading spree. I've tried various permutations of "Update Calibre Cover (from EPUB)" and "Generate Calibre Cover" FFF settings without getting any covers showing up in Calibre, even with both set to "always". Very puzzling, I'll poke at it some more and see if I can figure anything else out.

I was at version 3.30.0 of Calibre and tried updating to the latest 3.32.0. Maybe I could try downgrading to an earlier version from over a month ago to see if that's part of the problem.
Old 10-13-2018, 10:47 AM   #2977
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceDeer View Post
I've tried various permutations of "Update Calibre Cover (from EPUB)" and "Generate Calibre Cover" FFF settings without getting any covers showing up in Calibre, even with both set to "always".
"Yes, Always" for "Update Calibre Cover (from EPUB)" and "No" for "Generate Calibre Cover" are the most basic settings to use.

Other possible blockers:
- Must download epub format
- 'Update Calibre Metadata' checkbox must be checked on download (default in settings Basic)
Old 10-13-2018, 09:15 PM   #2978
rishidiams
rishidiams began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
I'm currently importing fics into Calibre by "get story URLs from web page". Once it gathers the URLs if the story already exists, I want it to Update Calibre Metadata from Web Site. I've noticed that if I choose this and a book appears within an anthology story I already have, it will give me the skip option, but otherwise I will end up with duplicates entries in my database, same author name, same title, same URL.

If I choose Update EPUB if New Chapters, it will skip stories with the same author name, same title, and same URL, but even though Update Calibre metadata is checked, the metadata for existing books is not updated.

Also, some of the stories in my database are from Fanfiction.net and I would prefer to have AO3's metadata, so if given the option to update the URL to AO3's I always choose yes, but the stories are not being updated with the new URL either.
rishidiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 03:44 PM   #2979
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
How do I switch the two series when there are multiple series?

example: https://archiveofourown.org/works/9561221
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:06 PM   #2980
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
How do I switch the two series when there are multiple series?

example: https://archiveofourown.org/works/9561221
For a finished story like that, I would just manually edit them. But you can also do it in replace_metadata:
Code:
[https://archiveofourown.org/works/9561221]
add_to_replace_metadata:
 series=>^.*$=>Range of a Teaspoon [1]
 seriesUrl=>^.*$=>https://archiveofourown.org/series/673751
 series01=>^.*$=>Fresh Pickled Toad [31]
 series01Url=>^.*$=>https://archiveofourown.org/series/441613
@rishidiams - I need to sit down this week when I have a couple hours to concentrate to look at your issues. I think there are two or three mostly unrelated things going on there.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:20 AM   #2981
dakota1979
dakota1979 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
fanficfare metadata dolwload problem

Hello,

Fanficfare metadata download (updating fanfics from fanfiction.net) in the last few days gives the below message and stops the download.

UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xf3 in position 38: invalid continuation byte

What could be the problem? Anyone have sloution?
dakota1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 04:21 AM   #2982
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Is it all stories, because I updated a couple of hours ago and they went through fine.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:35 AM   #2983
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota1979 View Post
Hello,

Fanficfare metadata download (updating fanfics from fanfiction.net) in the last few days gives the below message and stops the download.

UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xf3 in position 38: invalid continuation byte

What could be the problem? Anyone have sloution?
Story URL(s)? I've not seen any problems with ffnet downloads.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:28 PM   #2984
dakota1979
dakota1979 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
this is what it says could it help?

calibre 3.32 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: hu
Successfully initialized third party plugins: FanFicFare (3, 0, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && Reading List (1, 6, 6)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.dialogs", line 688, in do_loop
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe9 in position 17: invalid continuation byte
dakota1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:32 PM   #2985
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota1979 View Post
this is what it says could it help?
With only that to work with, I would assume it's a bad unicode character in that particular story.

If you aren't willing to share the story URL, I cannot help you any further.

Tags
fanfiction