Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #1
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
[M92] "New" PDF Reader makes the bottom left corner menu slow

Hi,

The problem is that with some PDF files the bottom left corner menu takes about 10-15 seconds to appear once tapped. That's a loooong wait. It happens to me with a 20MB PDF book that was provided with a paper copy. It does not happen with, for example, my own DIY 120MB PDF book made of lots of JPEG images. It does not seem to depend on size or format then.

Just wanted to see if others are experiencing the same issue before adding it to the bug tracker wiki.

However, in the Settings -> Preferred Applications there is a checkbox that reads "Use old PDF Reader". If I check it then the menu opens immediately. If I switch back to the New Reader the problem reappears.

Is there any way to determine what versions are the "New" and "Old" readers?

I have the most recent update installed but I was experiencing the same issue with one from 2012 too.
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onyx m92 pdf reader new