Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 11-04-2018, 07:15 AM   #16
Zebedi
Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.

Device: IPad Pro 12.9, 10.5, IPhone SE
I have just tried the app and it works well. (12,279 books). Would it be possible to add a sort by series, within the author sort please?
Zebedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 10:29 AM   #17
ainent
ainent began at the beginning.

Device: paper books, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedi View Post
I have just tried the app and it works well. (12,279 books). Would it be possible to add a sort by series, within the author sort please?
Sure, I can add that to the list of planned enhancements.

To clarify, are you asking for the option to sort by multiple items at one time, or simply one or the other like it is now?

Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited by ainent; 11-04-2018 at 10:43 AM.
ainent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 10:57 PM   #18
Zebedi
Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.Zebedi got an A in P-Chem.

Authors last name in alphabetical order like it is now, but with books listed in series order, and non series listed either before or after the series. Thanks.
Old 11-11-2018, 01:18 AM   #19
ainent

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimapourkarimi View Post
That's great news, thanks.
@nimapourkarimi

I have a patch ready, it is pending beta app review now. Once Apple approves it, you should get an update notification from TestFlight.

Please let me know how this update works for you. You should start seeing your book list very quickly now, but it will still take some time to fetch all of your books' metadata for your entire library.

I also added a new setting to download images as thumbnails instead of full size (enabled by default), so this should speed things up as well.

- Justin
Old 11-11-2018, 10:38 AM   #20
nimapourkarimi
Connoisseur
nimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad mini 3, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainent View Post
@nimapourkarimi

I have a patch ready, it is pending beta app review now. Once Apple approves it, you should get an update notification from TestFlight.

Please let me know how this update works for you. You should start seeing your book list very quickly now, but it will still take some time to fetch all of your books' metadata for your entire library.

I also added a new setting to download images as thumbnails instead of full size (enabled by default), so this should speed things up as well.

- Justin
Thanks, I'll try it and report back.
nimapourkarimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 03:31 PM   #21
ainent

Quote:
Authors last name in alphabetical order like it is now, but with books listed in series order, and non series listed either before or after the series. Thanks.
I just released version 1.1.0 to the App Store that does this (among other things). It should be available for download within a few hours (24 hours at the most, though that is rare). Please let me know what you think!

- Justin

Last edited by ainent; 12-08-2018 at 03:34 PM.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:57 AM   #22
Zebedi

Thanks for the update. I think that they now load by series, but can’t be absolutely sure. As only 1021 out of 12395 books loaded there were a lot of gaps. The ones which loaded were from A to Z, not just from the beginning if that helps any. Before the update they stopped at D.

If I keep re-reading the books in, after about 8 go’s, I can get it to about 4,000, after that it just crashes. PS they appear to be in series order though so that good.

Last edited by Zebedi; 12-10-2018 at 05:20 AM.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:28 AM   #23
ainent

Quote:
Thanks for the update. I think that they now load by series, but can’t be absolutely sure. As only 1021 out of 12395 books loaded there were a lot of gaps. The ones which loaded were from A to Z, not just from the beginning if that helps any. Before the update they stopped at D.

If I keep re-reading the books in, after about 8 go’s, I can get it to about 4,000, after that it just crashes. PS they appear to be in series order though so that good.
I’m afraid I don’t follow. Could you elaborate please?

* When you say a lot of gaps / stopped at D, do you mean empty cells in the list where books should have been?
* How are you re-reading the books in? Pull to refresh, resetting the server URL, force closing and restarting the app, something else?

Unfortunately I have not yet received any automated crash reports for v1.1.0.

Last edited by ainent; 12-11-2018 at 12:30 AM.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:53 AM   #24
Zebedi

The book authors read in from A to Z but miss out several books so there might be one book from a series of say 20. I am pulling to refresh but even after several attempts I only get about 4,000 of my 12,000 books to read in. The list might show, 1, 3, 8, 15, 16 etc. There are no empty cells, the series numbers just do not follow on. There must also be a number of single books which don’t come across as well.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:46 PM   #25
ainent

Quote:
The book authors read in from A to Z but miss out several books so there might be one book from a series of say 20. I am pulling to refresh but even after several attempts I only get about 4,000 of my 12,000 books to read in. The list might show, 1, 3, 8, 15, 16 etc. There are no empty cells, the series numbers just do not follow on. There must also be a number of single books which don’t come across as well.

* Is this what you mean by “the series numbers just do not follow on”?
(See attached screenshot #1)
vs.
(See attached screenshot #2)

* Which number do you see here, 4000 or 12,000?
(See attached screenshot #3)

* What version of Calibre is running on your server?
* Are you running v1.1.0 of the app?
* Do all of your books show up in Calibre’s web client?
* If I’m still on the wrong track here, would it be possible for you to send me screenshots here, or privately via a PM or using the email address within the app?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F55E26D1-982B-4058-97A4-A27DE59349F0.jpeg
Views:	362
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	168291   Click image for larger version

Name:	4EFFFB3D-6B03-4C20-BE8D-13BFF1CBBFC0.jpeg
Views:	353
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	168292   Click image for larger version

Name:	C9CA218F-E986-4242-BFC0-7B184B79DD40.jpeg
Views:	343
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	168293  
Old 03-24-2019, 06:57 PM   #26
lazorbeam
Connoisseur
lazorbeam began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone; Fire HD
Smile

Thanks for creating this. iOS is desperate for a Calibre Companion alternative, and I was really excited to see this today (I hadn't searched in a year).

For me, I'm sad to say that using the content server doesn't work for me. (Unless I'm misunderstanding) I never have my laptop on when I'm using my tablet, so I need a program that connects to Dropbox. If you ever want to branch it to that, I'll be all over this!

This definitely is more aesthetically pleasing and (after the server setup) easier to navigate. I have 802 books now and they loaded pretty quickly.

If you'd still like some feedback/feature requests, here are a few. (I have no idea if this is complicated. I love CalibreBox on Android - basically emulating that would be amazing.)

-Connect to dropbox
-Sort list by date modified
-Book comments font be increased, same as other text
-Option to open/copy book in ereader or save to cloud
-I also love cover grids but that's purely aesthetic.
lazorbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 10:31 PM   #27
ainent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazorbeam View Post
Thanks for creating this. iOS is desperate for a Calibre Companion alternative, and I was really excited to see this today (I hadn't searched in a year).

For me, I'm sad to say that using the content server doesn't work for me. (Unless I'm misunderstanding) I never have my laptop on when I'm using my tablet, so I need a program that connects to Dropbox. If you ever want to branch it to that, I'll be all over this!

This definitely is more aesthetically pleasing and (after the server setup) easier to navigate. I have 802 books now and they loaded pretty quickly.

If you'd still like some feedback/feature requests, here are a few. (I have no idea if this is complicated. I love CalibreBox on Android - basically emulating that would be amazing.)

-Connect to dropbox
-Sort list by date modified
-Book comments font be increased, same as other text
-Option to open/copy book in ereader or save to cloud
-I also love cover grids but that's purely aesthetic.
Hi lazorbeam,

Thanks for the feedback! I’m glad you like it. I actually have most of these features planned. Here is a link to the particular items on my list, in case you’d like to keep an eye on out progress.

- Dropbox: https://gitlab.com/calibre-utils/Libreca/issues/204
- Sort by date modified: https://gitlab.com/calibre-utils/Libreca/issues/250
- Book comments font: https://gitlab.com/calibre-utils/Libreca/issues/161
- Open in book reader: https://gitlab.com/calibre-utils/Libreca/issues/130 This one is actually almost complete, and is available to beta testers now! If you’d like to try it out, you can signup anonymously here: https://testflight.apple.com/join/c3P0zLb6

- Cover grid: This one was not on my list, but I have added it: https://gitlab.com/calibre-utils/Libreca/issues/272
Old 03-26-2019, 10:01 PM   #28
lazorbeam
Connoisseur

I'm glad to hear about the Dropbox sync and your plans. I'll definitely pay attention to your updates. I love the concept; the content server just isn't functional for me unfortunately. Thanks!
Old 04-29-2019, 05:56 PM   #29
allanahk
Connoisseur
allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Just chiming in to say I would use this and donate in a heartbeat if you add Dropbox support!
allanahk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 06:44 PM   #30
lazorbeam
Connoisseur

Same! Definitely up to support and donate.