Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-01-2022, 02:16 PM   #1
dstong
dstong began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard
Higlighting Issue Needs fixing

I had noticed already a couple of updates ago, that when you highight Ttiles, for example for Downloading Metadata, you stay highlighted (normal) but when you click your mouse (Windows) you cannot disable the highlighting if the mousse is till on blue highlighted region. You can only disable the highlighting if you click on a clear (white) area.

It is very easy to really screw up if you edit, modify the custom metadata, to end up adding a genre or some such parameter, to a ton of books unintentionally. Undoing this without a very recent backup, becomes a nightmare. I've goofed up doing this several times, but with only about 5- 10 books, so it was no big deal to fix, however today I made this mistake with my entire library of many thousands of books. It took me several hours to repair because I could not remove the undesired metadata without careful individual filtering.
dstong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 05:20 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Confirmed in vanilla 6.9 portable. But it's okay in my much customised installed calibre. Pretty sure it's the "Control behaviour of the book list" Tweak.

If "doubleclick_on_library_view" setting is 'open_viewer' (default setting), I get this when I click on a cell on the middle of selected rows:

Click image for larger version

Name:	dbl-click = open_viewer.jpg
Views:	915
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	198115

If "doubleclick_on_library_view" setting is 'do_nothing' (my installed setting), I get this when I click on a cell on the middle of selected rows:

Click image for larger version

Name:	dbl-click = do_nothing.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	198116

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2022, 10:43 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is a change in behavior in Qt 6. And its not clear to me why its a bad thing. If I workaround it, it means you can no longer edit a cell inside a selection by clicking on it, without destroying the selection.

However, since it is a change in behavior, here you go: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...abfea5c809fa57
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
highlighting problem