Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 11-21-2022, 07:28 AM   #1
Nabeel
Zealot
Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Adobe Digital Editions - Problem

(Apologies - I can't see where this would fit in Mobile Read.)

I've been downloading ebooks from various sources (Kobo, Googleplay, Hive) for years without problems.

Yesterday, my Adobe Digital Editions refused to accept three downloads from two different sources. A pop-up stated: Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_ADEPT_INTERNAL (I get several variations on this.)

I looked around a bit. Other people are having this problem. The only patched-up solution seems to be to upgrade ADE to the latest, and then to de-authorize and re-authorize ADE. I've done this several times, and it's still not working.

Has anyone got any other ideas?

The adobe community discussion is here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/digit.../td-p/13352653

The Adobe website seems to be designed to prevent you actually communicating with anyone who could make a difference.

best wishes to all

Nabeel
Nabeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 04:25 PM   #2
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
I hit a similar problem a few days ago. As it was a licence server communications problem I emailed Bolinda Digital (they go under the name of Borrowbox and provide a service to my Library.

They quickly sorted the problem out and all now works as it should.

Clearly an issue in the book hosting company and Adobe having some sort of comms problem. From what I have seen elsewhere it's pointless trying to raise the issue with Adobe - get on the the firm you have downloaded the book from.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 04:07 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've had this problem before. The solution was to wait and try later and eventually it worked.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 09:27 AM   #4
Nabeel
Zealot
Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nabeel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Yep, it's solved itself. But it is extremely irritating that Adobe acts with such carelessness.
Nabeel is offline   Reply With Quote