Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-29-2021, 06:59 AM   #1
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Lenovo Yoga; Xodo page turn?

Yoga XT-X705F
Xodo pdf reader from Play Store (not pro/+ version).

I upgraded from a lower resolution tablet to this 1920 x 1200 model yesterday. It came with Android 9.x and had OTA upgrades and is now on Android 10.x

I was sure I had previously used physical volume keys to turn the page but now don't see a setting for that?

Strangely Xodo rather than cropping just the displayed page (like Likebook mars PDF /ereader) it crops the document and offers to save a copy.

The 256 GB SD card from the older tablet (3 years old) worked fine without reformatting as it's "portable storage" mode. I have about 50 G byte of PDFs, things like ancient magazine, book and servicing scans as well as modern datasheets.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 08:47 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I've now replaced the Yoga XT-X705F 10.1″ tablet with a TCL NxtPaper 11 (2000 x 1200), which is much better for PDFs.
While Xodo lets me create a copy and T-Pen annotate, there is no volume control page turn and in two-up layout holding tablet in landscape it can do the page order wrong by a page, such that outer margin and inner binding gutter are reversed. I'll stll use it for pen, but otherwise Pocketbook app (free version) allows epub & PDF two up and has the page layout correct on PDF and uses volume buttons for page turn.

The two and bit year old Yoga passed on in family after removal of SD card again.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert