Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-11-2021, 01:37 AM   #1
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
Kindle Oasis 2021?

When I purchased my Kindle Oasis 2019 I hated the thought of its strange physical shape. But I have to say I was 100% in love with it within 24 hours.

I am rather torn now with the release of the new Paperwhites, especially the Qi capabilities. The price point is amazing as well compared to the Oasis.

My kindle collection is growing, I tend to now just keep 1 spare and give away others. So before I jump and buy the new Paperwhite any talk of a new Oasis? or is it going the way of the Voyage?

Any thoughts welcome

applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 03:48 AM   #2
Canis_lupus
Enthusiast
Canis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmos

Device: K2, K3, Touch, K5B, Voyage, PW4, Oasis 1, 2 & 3, PW5
Only Amazon knows the future of the Oasis.

My guess is it will be updated and get wireless charging and USB-C. I also think it will have a larger screen to differentiate it from the new Paperwhites.
Canis_lupus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 07:17 AM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis_lupus View Post
Only Amazon knows the future of the Oasis.

My guess is it will be updated and get wireless charging and USB-C. I also think it will have a larger screen to differentiate it from the new Paperwhites.
I'm inclined to think the same, but probably not this year.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 09:16 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
If Amazon views buttons as a premium feature, then I can see them positioning a new Kindle Oasis 4 with a slightly larger screen, for release in 2022. A USB-C, along with wireless charging, and 32gigs standard would do it. I currently own an Oasis 3. Also, I have a Noreve cover - expensive and beautiful.

The Oasis 3 and the Noreve cover are the love of my life, both cherished partners held tight to my chest in night's fuliginous darkness, as crickets sing and shadows dance. Sometimes, while reading a good horror story (The Shadows, by Alex North), I can almost hear their tiny screams of terror as something bites into tough chitin, penetrating stridulatory organs with sharp teeth.

"Listen to them. Children of the night, what music they make!"
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 09:22 AM   #5
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
I don't recall them releasing two of their major e-ink devices before in the same year, and I'm sure it would have been announced by now, so I'm thinking either 2022 or maybe even 2023.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 10:47 PM   #6
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
Thank you everybody for all your insights. I think I will hold off for a little bit then. A chance of a bigger screen and keeping the weird shape I now love seems well worth it.
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 04:37 PM   #7
Albertino
Albertino began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 - 32GB
Even if the size is the same, just reducing the bezels would do the trick, it would look amazing!
Albertino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 04:49 PM   #8
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
I have an Oasis 2 and although I really do like it, I do not love it. I almost upgraded to the Oasis 3, but am holding out for a larger screen. 8 inch does it for me, so I will wait for the possible Oasis 4. Then I might find love.
Kaysclie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 05:33 PM   #9
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I’ve just sold my Oasis 2 and a PW4. I’m also trading in an old Kindle Touch, so, hopefully, if Amazon ever process my Trade In order and give me the 20% off a new Kindle I can get the Oasis 3 for nothing. That’s the plan anyway. I wanted the 3 as I want the warm light feature.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 05:42 PM   #10
Albertino
Albertino began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 - 32GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertino View Post
Even if the size is the same, just reducing the bezels would do the trick, it would look amazing!

This is what I was talking about...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Oasis_Mock.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	278.0 KB
ID:	189992  
Albertino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 06:03 PM   #11
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
That would be VERY nice.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 07:56 PM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:

My opinion is that it looks kind of ugly and non-functional. The bezels are too narrow for my taste.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 08:33 PM   #13
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I would like a 6" Oasis like the original but with a better solution for the battery.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 09:00 PM   #14
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
My opinion is that it looks kind of ugly and non-functional. The bezels are too narrow for my taste.
The point of the oasis is you hold it by the wide side, right?

I would like the thin bezels. I'm guessing they haven't done it because it makes the screen too fragile
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 10:23 PM   #15
ReedReadRed
ReedReadRed began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis 9 LTE
I'm hoping that when they do they'll still have one with cellular and it will be 5G compatible.
ReedReadRed is offline   Reply With Quote