Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-08-2021, 03:41 PM   #16
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
BTW, has anyone been able to get the $10 credit from the gift card promo in post #2?
Nope.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 06:13 AM   #17
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I was ineligible as well.
library addict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 09:43 AM   #18
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I was ineligible as well.
Same here.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 01:33 PM   #19
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Ditto. Hopefully they'll have a promo on them we can take advantage of closer to Black Friday.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 09:48 PM   #20
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
Quote:
BTW, has anyone been able to get the $10 credit from the gift card promo in post #2?
Yikes! I just tried this promo and thought everything was okay (I did qualify for the promo) until I got this email from Amazon:

Quote:
Hello,

We believe that an unauthorized party may have accessed your account. To protect your information, we have:
-- Disabled the password to your account.
-- Reversed any modifications made by this party.
-- Canceled any pending orders. You can ignore any confirmation emails that you received for these orders.
-- Restored any gift card balance that may have been used. It may take 2 to 3 days for the gift card balance to be available in your account.
-- If Two-Step Verification has been enabled during the unauthorized access, we have disabled Two-Step Verification. Please reset on Amazon and enable if appropriate.

Please allow 2 hours for these actions to take effect.

After 2 hours, you will be able to reset your password and regain access to your account. On the Sign In page, select "Forgot your password?" and follow the instructions. If you do not have a phone number in your account, we recommend adding it by clicking "Account Settings" on our Help page:
http://www.amazon.com/help

In the meantime, we recommend that you do not use the same password that you use on other sites, including your email provider. Actively monitor all your accounts, including your email, and any unauthorized change to auto forwarding/deletion rules of your email setting.We also recommend that you review all recent activity in your payment methods, and report any unauthorized charges to your financial institution.

Once you regain access to your account, you may need to:
-- Re-enter your complete payment method information the next time that you place an order.
-- Re-enter any addresses that you recently added to your account.
-- Check your subscriptions, if you have any. You may need to update them.

I'm at home on my PC. The only unusual thing I did was update my credit card expiration date since last week I activated a new card (with same account number - the old card expires next month). If that's what triggered this, then that's some seriously aggressive anti-fraud measures there.
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 11:02 PM   #21
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post
Yikes! I just tried this promo and thought everything was okay (I did qualify for the promo) until I got this email from Amazon:

I'm at home on my PC. The only unusual thing I did was update my credit card expiration date since last week I activated a new card (with same account number - the old card expires next month). If that's what triggered this, then that's some seriously aggressive anti-fraud measures there.
Yikes is right. Were you able to get it all straightened out? and did you get the $10 credit?

I got a call from "Amazon" the other day saying my account was hacked. I promptly hung up, reported and blocked the number (not that that'll stop them). Naughty, naughty
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 12:51 AM   #22
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yikes is right. Were you able to get it all straightened out? and did you get the $10 credit?

I got a call from "Amazon" the other day saying my account was hacked. I promptly hung up, reported and blocked the number (not that that'll stop them). Naughty, naughty
Getting back in to my account was surprisingly straightforward. I waited the 2 hours as instructed, went to the Amazon site and started the sign-in process. It then went to the normal OTP process where they send you a 6 digit code. After entering the code, it prompted me to enter a new password and that was it.

I was eligible for the $10 credit. On the the checkout's "place order" page, I got a little banner congratulating me and telling me that I qualified for a $10 credit to be sent within 3 days. Unfortunately, since they auto-cancelled my order, I have no idea if I still qualify. I'm not sure if Amazon charged & refunded my credit card or did a pre-authorization so I'm going to wait a few days if I decide to try again. Otherwise, with my luck, I'll trigger a credit card "suspicious activity" account freeze or something.

If it helps anyone, I have previously ordered Amazon e-gift cards before, but the last time was March 2018, so it must have been long enough that I counted as "new" again.
Old 10-11-2021, 02:23 AM   #23
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post
Otherwise, with my luck, I'll trigger a credit card "suspicious activity" account freeze or something.
I suspect it was the combination of ordering a gift card for yourself, and enabling two factor authentication in the same session. Which is a classic pattern of a hacked account - get money quickly, and lock out the original account holder in the hopes of getting more money before the account holder can take back control.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 02:40 AM   #24
bookmarked
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I suspect it was the combination of ordering a gift card for yourself, and enabling two factor authentication in the same session. Which is a classic pattern of a hacked account - get money quickly, and lock out the original account holder in the hopes of getting more money before the account holder can take back control.
Actually, I did not make any changes to two-factor authentication. The only change I made was to update the credit card expiration date, which I had to do because I had previously activated the newer card. If I had not done so, the charge would have been declined. That's why the account lock & GC order cancellation caught me by surprise.

Whatever the cause, I'm back in my account now. Thanks for the post though.
Old 10-11-2021, 12:21 PM   #25
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
I promptly hung up, reported and blocked the number (not that that'll stop them).
Scammers have been spoofing caller ID for years.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote