Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-08-2019, 09:15 AM   #46
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
jkalin12345,
name your dictionary s1 for example (requires the use of a patch). And rename everywhere so.

Don't forget to add s1 to ExtraLocales.

Last edited by Semwize; 11-08-2019 at 09:22 AM.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 09:46 AM   #47
jkalin12345
jkalin12345 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Hello

Sometimes when I go to Wi-Fi, dictionaries of my Kobo reader are updated. Is anyhow possible to disable Kobo update/synchronization of online dictionaries? (Not using Wi-FI is not an option

Thank you for anything useful..
jkalin12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2020, 10:31 AM   #48
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkalin12345 View Post
Hello

Sometimes when I go to Wi-Fi, dictionaries of my Kobo reader are updated. Is anyhow possible to disable Kobo update/synchronization of online dictionaries? (Not using Wi-FI is not an option

Thank you for anything useful..
Yes, I think. Set IsSynced to false in the DB.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 03:04 PM   #49
jkalin12345

Hello

Just a quick reply on a very ql but old post. Kobo Libra H2O's KoboReader.sqllite does not contain table called Dictionary anymore. There is also no alternative in database
Old 04-17-2020, 03:07 PM   #50
jkalin12345

not on Kobo libra H2O....database is totally different...no dictionaries on database anymore :/
Advert
Old 04-17-2020, 11:05 PM   #51
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Hello

Just a quick reply on a very ql but old post. Kobo Libra H2O's KoboReader.sqllite does not contain table called Dictionary anymore. There is also no alternative in database
Quote:
not on Kobo libra H2O....database is totally different...no dictionaries on database anymore :/
As you said, and old post. The change happened in firmware version 4.20. There are several discussion on this fact and how the dictionary is now handled.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 02:43 PM   #52
Bortex
Bortex began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As you said, and old post. The change happened in firmware version 4.20. There are several discussion on this fact and how the dictionary is now handled.
Hi! Do you know if there are any news about it?
Thank you for your time!
Bortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 11:32 PM   #53
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bortex View Post
Hi! Do you know if there are any news about it?
What news are you after? The dictionary handling has changed to not use a table in the database. That hasn't changed. I don't expect it to change. If it does, it will only happen as part of a firmware update, and will be discussed when someone notices.
Old 07-25-2020, 07:41 AM   #54
Bortex

Quote:
What news are you after? The dictionary handling has changed to not use a table in the database. That hasn't changed. I don't expect it to change. If it does, it will only happen as part of a firmware update, and will be discussed when someone notices.
So, won't it be possible to add new dictionaries anymore?
Old 07-25-2020, 09:10 AM   #55
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
You can add new dictionaries the way you previously added them. The only thing that has changed is that you no longer need to manually edit the Kobo sqlite database. So, it's actually easier to add them now.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 09:31 AM   #56
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
No, as I said in the post you quoted, "There are several discussion on this fact and how the dictionary is now handled."
Old 07-27-2020, 01:54 PM   #57
Bortex

Quote:
No, as I said in the post you quoted, "There are several discussion on this fact and how the dictionary is now handled."
That's the point. I quote a message wrote 3 months ago. If there were discussion about it then, maybe now they could have concluded something now
Old 07-27-2020, 01:56 PM   #58
Bortex

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
You can add new dictionaries the way you previously added them. The only thing that has changed is that you no longer need to manually edit the Kobo sqlite database. So, it's actually easier to add them now.
Thank you, Jackie.
Could you tell me where I could found the right way to do it?
I have always use the method of this thread and as I cannot edit the sqlite database, it doesn't work for me anymore
Old 07-27-2020, 02:05 PM   #59
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
That's the point. I quote a message wrote 3 months ago. If there were discussion about it then, maybe now they could have concluded something now
The conclusion is what I wrote in post #55. What do you think is missing?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 08:15 PM   #60
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
The conclusion is what I wrote in post #55. What do you think is missing?
It works perfectly. Installed dictionaries in fw 4.22.15190.

Summary of the steps to follow:

-Activate the patch "Allow searches on Extra dictionaries": Edit the file libnickel.so.1.0.0.yalm and activate the patch "Allow searches on Extra dictionaries"

-Edit \ .kobo \ Kobo \ Kobo eReader.conf and fill ExtraLocales = xx in [ApplicationPreferences] section with the two chars code of the dictionaries to install (separate with commas)

-Copy dictionary files to \ .kobo \ dict

-Safely disconnect the reader and restart.You have the new dictionaries.
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dictionaries, kobo, languages