Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 01-29-2020, 10:26 PM   #1
jurassic_books
jurassic_books began at the beginning.

Device: Pyrus Mini
Looking for a Trekstor Pyrus mini (Liro mini)

Hi,

I would like to buy a Trekstor Pyrus mini (or Liro mini)
Nobody seems to be making something similar in size.
Thanks.
jurassic_books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 03:05 PM   #2
kobayashi
Groupie
kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: KA1
Free bump as I've been looking for one as well without any luck.
kobayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2020, 06:49 PM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurassic_books View Post
Hi,

I would like to buy a Trekstor Pyrus mini (or Liro mini)
Nobody seems to be making something similar in size.
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobayashi View Post
Free bump as I've been looking for one as well without any luck.
I've been looking for one also. It looks like the BK4304 IS a Pyrus/Liro Mini — at least the hardware is basically the same. (I'm guessing the TrekStor Pyrus line was made by this outfit.) The size and configuration is definitely the same, the screen is the same also (OED E-Ink, which is a competitor to the E-Ink corporation). The only difference I can see is that they come in 4, 8 and 16 GB configurations (instead of the Mini's 2 GB). Also they don't have microSD slots. And, I'm guessing, they probably don't have Adobe DRM support.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...7%237561%23357

Looks like Aliexpress can have one of these to me by the middle of June. Might have to look into this.

Last edited by rcentros; 05-20-2020 at 07:29 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 07:14 PM   #4
kobayashi
Groupie
kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: KA1
Good find. I wouldn't expect it to come with the backlight though.
kobayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 07:48 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobayashi View Post
Good find. I wouldn't expect it to come with the backlight though.
No backlight. I'm sure. Aliexpress has (probably) about 20 sellers advertising these. Most of them don't mention the backlight, but it looks like they all use the same (factory supplied) photos with the backlight symbol.

Hard to find much on these. There's a terrible YouTube video from 2013 that shows the BK4304 briefly (also all the other eReaders this company made). At about the 35 second mark you can see the 4304 (and it looks like it supports embedded fonts and the font is much crisper than the factory screen picture would indicate(?)). Also this particular model shows that it does support Adobe DRM. (That could depend on firmware, however.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys2RNnLxjXI

Last edited by rcentros; 05-20-2020 at 07:56 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert