Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-09-2020, 01:09 PM   #106
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Is it possible to have an option for kepubify to place the output kepub in the source directory for the input epub. Unless I am misunderstanding the options, as the current options stand unless I know where I want the file placed and use the --output option, the resultant kepub is written to the current directory not the source directory.
Iirc, --inplace is the option you want to use.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 01:19 PM   #107
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Iirc, --inplace is the option you want to use.
Not quite right. That was the first one I thought of as well but then I read the help. To quote the help:
Code:
-i, --inplace   Don't add the _converted suffix to converted files and directories
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 04:54 PM   #108
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
kepubify v3.1.4

I've released kepubify 3.1.4.

This release updates my GitHub username in the module name. There isn't any reason to upgrade unless you are embedding kepubify in your application.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 06:26 PM   #109
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Batch file DOA

I'm trying to apply Patrick's code below (from post #72) in a batch file but nothing is happening (no active window). I can drag and drop the epub on the .exe with results but not the batch file. It was pasted/saved as batch file format in Notepad++ and named kepubify.bat. Kepubify.exe, kepubify.bat and epub reside in same folder. I haven't played with batch files in 20 years, what am I missing?
Code:
@cd %~dp0
@kepubify.exe --inplace --calibre %*
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:43 PM   #110
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
I'm trying to apply Patrick's code below (from post #72) in a batch file but nothing is happening (no active window). I can drag and drop the epub on the .exe with results but not the batch file. It was pasted/saved as batch file format in Notepad++ and named kepubify.bat. Kepubify.exe, kepubify.bat and epub reside in same folder. I haven't played with batch files in 20 years, what am I missing?
Code:
@cd %~dp0
@kepubify.exe --inplace --calibre %*
This seem to work for me. Not sure where you got the %* from.

Code:
cd %~dp0
kepubify.exe --inplace --calibre --output . %1
pause
Old 07-14-2020, 08:52 PM   #111
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
This seem to work for me. Not sure where you got the %* from.

Code:
cd %~dp0
kepubify.exe --inplace --calibre --output . %1
 pause
As I mentioned, I copied directly from Patrick's code in post #72 of this thread. (It is still there with the %*) That must be the problem.

Thank you for the corrected code. I'll give it a go.

Patricia
Old 07-14-2020, 09:07 PM   #112
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
As I mentioned, I copied directly from Patrick's code in post #72 of this thread. (It is still there with the %*) That must be the problem.
Given that Patrick is a Linux user where '$*' is all the arguments passed on the command line. DOS/Windows doesn't have that functionality.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:12 PM   #113
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Given that Patrick is a Linux user where '$*' is all the arguments passed on the command line. DOS/Windows doesn't have that functionality.
It does have the functionality (https://stackoverflow.com/a/11637707), but it doesn't handle escaping properly, meaning that some filenames won't work with it.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:17 PM   #114
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Well, that makes perfect sense - even to a non-programmer. Unfortunately, the code you provided is not working either. (Win10) I can drag/drop to kepubify.exe but the following error appears with the .bat file:

'kepubify.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.'

C:\(my path)
Press any key to continue... (which = exit)
Old 07-14-2020, 09:24 PM   #115
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Well, that makes perfect sense - even to a non-programmer. Unfortunately, the code you provided is not working either. (Win10) I can drag/drop to kepubify.exe but the following error appears with the .bat file:

'kepubify.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.'

C:\(my path)
Press any key to continue... (which = exit)
Try "cd /d %~dp0" instead.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:30 PM   #116
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Try "cd /d %~dp0" instead.
Patrick,

No go. Same error.

Patricia
Old 07-14-2020, 09:31 PM   #117
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Patrick,

No go. Same error.

Patricia
Can you add an "@dir" and paste the output?
Old 07-14-2020, 09:33 PM   #118
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Can you add an "@dir" and paste the output?
I'd be happy to if you can tell me precisely where I should place it.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:49 PM   #119
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
I'd be happy to if you can tell me precisely where I should place it.
After the cd.
Old 07-14-2020, 10:08 PM   #120
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
I'm obviously doing it wrong. Several attempts produce the same error plus wrong syntax (proof I'm doing it wrong).
Edit: Nevermind. Dusted off my aging brain and memories of MS-DOS days. Not to mention three hours of sleep last night. Rechecked and corrected appropriate path.

Many thanks for your help!

Patricia

Last edited by Skydog; 07-14-2020 at 11:22 PM.

Tags
conversion, epub, kepub, kepubify