Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 09-30-2019, 01:04 PM   #1
onTheMove
onTheMove began at the beginning.

Device: none
Junior dev offering to help on Calibre development

Hi to all,

I am a junior Python dev and I am a long-time happy Calibre user as I love reading books & organizing my library.

As I used Calibre extensively, I would like to contribute to its development in any way I can and learn something along the way.

If there are any developers in need of help to perform simpler coding tasks & testing, let me know, I'll gladly help (as I believe I would not be able to think of & execute quality code changes to Calibre codebase myself).

Cheers,

onTheMove
onTheMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 01:37 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Have you looked at the plugin wishlist
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=118781
Find something (that has not been done in the interim) that tickles your fancy.
OR
Find an orphaned (creator no longer active) PI and make it compatible with 4 (and 3.x as some folk won't/can't upgrade when Kovid releases 4.x)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2019, 05:23 AM   #3
onTheMove
onTheMove began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Have you looked at the plugin wishlist
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=118781
Find something (that has not been done in the interim) that tickles your fancy.
OR
Find an orphaned (creator no longer active) PI and make it compatible with 4 (and 3.x as some folk won't/can't upgrade when Kovid releases 4.x)
Will take a look and come up with some kind of plan!

Thanks for your help!
onTheMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:22 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by onTheMove View Post
Will take a look and come up with some kind of plan!

Thanks for your help!
Welcome aboard. Have fun. (and take some time to still )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 01:54 AM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
@onTheMove,

One of the current major features of calibre development is the ongoing port to python3. If you're interested (and you use Linux, the only officially supported platform for compiling from source), you could take a look at this, it should compile and most things seem to run okay with python3, but further bug squishing is appreciated.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert