Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-15-2016, 12:09 PM   #241
Camelot
Connoisseur
Camelot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I use (see details) Siduction 64bit based on Debian/sid.

I had some python updates in the last day…
Camelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 12:32 PM   #242
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
In newer versions of PyQt QUrl.fromEncoded() requires an argument of tupe str not unicode. calibre 2.49 updated the version of PyQt (and Qt) bundled with calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2016, 12:33 PM   #243
Camelot
Connoisseur

I found this PyQt v5.5 problem in another thread

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...86#post3148586

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post

http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/PyQt5/gotchas.html

Quote:
If Qt expects a QByteArray then PyQt5 will accept a unicode that contains only Latin-1 characters. This is deprecated in PyQt v5.4 and will be removed in PyQt v5.5.)
Old 01-20-2016, 01:24 PM   #244
Camelot
Connoisseur

@kiwidude

Can you fixed the Plugin for PyQt v5.5. please?
Old 01-29-2016, 11:31 AM   #245
Camelot
Connoisseur

Too bad, no update. I downgrade back to Calibre 2.48.

How i can self fixed this plugin (patch or so)?

Advert
Old 01-29-2016, 07:51 PM   #246
jecilop
Addict
jecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Android
I hope someone is able to help you fix your plugin. I use it extensively. I saw the post about it not working prior to updating Calibre so I've held off and will continue to do so until this is resolved.

It's a GREAT plug-in by the way. I've customized the searches in so many ways. Thanks for the work in making it.
jecilop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 09:48 PM   #247
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I've updated this plugin to work with PyQt 5.5 (I haven't really tested it, since I dont use it, but the fix was pretty trivial).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 04:53 AM   #248
Camelot
Connoisseur

Thank you very much kovidgoyal, your plugin update works perfect.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:57 AM   #249
DreamStatic
Enthusiast
DreamStatic began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, ipad, computer
I noticed in the help document there is a missing closing parenthesis. Search for {author:re(\+, } . When I copy/pasted this it did not work, but when I updated to {author:re(\+, )} it did work. No biggie but thought it might throw a new user off if they copy and paste. Thanks for a super cool and flexible tool!!!!!

Last edited by DreamStatic; 03-09-2016 at 11:02 AM.
DreamStatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:27 AM   #250
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamStatic View Post
I noticed in the help document there is a missing closing parenthesis. Search for {author:re(\+, } . When I copy/pasted this it did not work, but when I updated to {author:re(\+, )} it did work. No biggie but thought it might throw a new user off if they copy and paste. Thanks for a super cool and flexible tool!!!!!
Thanks, I have updated that section ONLY, no need to download.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:48 AM   #251
vb20
vb20 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
hi

This plug-in is really fantastic to find the metadata for Calibre ebooks.

I managed to set the url for amazon.fr but I can not for the site POCKET TROC

http://pochetroc.fr/recherche-livres...che-wilde.html

using the url

http://pochetroc.fr/recherche-livres-de-poche-{author}.html

I get an error message.

http://pochetroc.fr/recherche-livres...yn+Hughes.html

Can someone help me?

Thank you
vb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 11:42 AM   #252
Camelot
Connoisseur

With the simple search (left side):

Code:
http://pochetroc.fr/Search?search_text={author}
for amazon.fr:
Code:
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/search?url=search-alias=stripbooks&field-keywords={author}

Last edited by Camelot; 03-31-2016 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:31 AM   #253
and0k
and0k began at the beginning.

Device: focus
template identifier:select() not work

tried http://dx.doi.org/{identifiers:select(doi)}
and0k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:45 AM   #254
TiePin
TiePin began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello,

I'm using this plugin with calibre 64bit on Windows 8.1 and it's very useful. But, whenever I launch the options (right click on icon > Customise plug-in...) there's a delay of 15 seconds before the config window displays. On closer inspection, I found that during this time cpu utilisation was running at 25% (quad core i5) and calibre went from 208 MB of memory usage to 3,902.4 MB (of 8 GB in total). Once the plugin's config window was closed, calibre's memory usage dropped back to 227 MB. A debug log doesn't show anything abnormal (the pc was offline, calibre opened, plugin config launched and closed, calibre closed) - this is the output:

Spoiler:
calibre Debug log
calibre 2.58 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Search The Internet && Extract ISBN
Starting up...
Failed to check for calibre update: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed
Failed to check for plugin update: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed
Started up in 11.12 seconds with 4724 books

Is there anything I can do to improve this?
TiePin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:32 AM   #255
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Check your firewall settings.
You had 2 hits trying to check for calibre family updates
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book details, search the internet