Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-17-2009, 12:32 AM   #1
gram
gram began at the beginning.

Device: none
gram

I want to buy an ebook reader but don't know which to buy. All the programs confuse me because I am a novice to computers. I looked and sony and kindle. Is there a place to read comparisons?
gram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:39 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by gram View Post
I want to buy an ebook reader but don't know which to buy. All the programs confuse me because I am a novice to computers. I looked and sony and kindle. Is there a place to read comparisons?

Hello gram, and welcome to MobileRead. Try our Wiki on the different devices for more info, and ask questions when you have them.........

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_devices
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2009, 05:20 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, gram.

Everyone feels confused when they first start. There is even a whole forum about "Which one should I buy" right here.. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=123

I guess the first thing to figure out is what type of books do you read the most? NYT best sellers, romance, science fiction, classics? Do you want to be able to borrow library books? (We have lots of free ebooks right here on this site.)

Knowing this will help in choosing the type of reader that would work best with your reading habits

You have already given us a clue that you would like something simple to use as you are a novice to computers. If you give us some more information we can offer some suggestions.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:41 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi gram and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a Sony 505 for close to a year and a half and like it a lot
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:02 PM   #5
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome ! definitely check out the great links to help you out. I was giving the 505 as a gift. I think, if I had to choose, I would have chosen a kindle at that point, as that was the only thing I had heard of. After doing the research *after* the fact, I am very grateful he bought me a 505 instead. I love the ability to read library books from my library and not have to purchase books to read all the time. Good luck deciding!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert